Author Topic: How to bring down gas prices!  (Read 3206 times)

Offline alan

• Administrator
How to bring down gas prices!
« on: May 21, 2008, 03:58:41 AM »
THIS IS NOT THE 'DON'T BUY' GAS FOR ONE DAY, BUT IT     WILL SHOW YOU HOW WE CAN GET GAS BACK DOWN TO     $1.30 PER GALLON.

This was sent by a retired Coca Cola executive.  It came from one of his engineer buddies who retired from Halliburton.  If you are tired of the gas prices going up AND they will continue to rise this summer, take time to read this please.

Phillip Hollsworth offered this good idea.
 This makes MUCH MORE SENSE than the 'don't buy gas on a certain day'  campaign that was going around last April or May!
It's worth your consideration.  Join the resistance!!!!

I hear we are going to hit close to $ 4.00 a gallon by next summer and it might go higher!!  Want gasoline prices to come down?

We need to take some intelligent, united action.  The oil companies just laughed at that because they knew we wouldn't continue to 'hurt' ourselves by refusing to buy gas.

It was more of an inconvenience to us than it was a problem for them.
 BUT, whoever thought of this idea, has come up with a plan that can Really work.  Please read on and join with us!

By now you're probably thinking gasoline priced at about $2.00 is super cheap.  Me too!  It is currently $3.55 f or regular unleaded in my town.

Now that the oil companies and the OPEC nations have conditioned us to think that the cost of a gallon of gas is CHEAP at $1.50 - $1.75, we need to take aggressive action to teach them that BUYERS control the marketplace...not sellers.

With the price of gasoline going up more each day, we consumers need to take action.

The only way we are going to see the price of gas come down is if we hit someone in the pocketbook by not purchasing their gas!  And, we can do that WITHOUT hurting ourselves.

How?  Since we all rely on our cars, we can't just stop buying gas.

But we CAN have an impact on gas prices if we all act together to force a price war.

Here's the idea: For the rest of this year, DON'T purchase ANY gasoline from the two biggest companies (which now are one),EXXON and MOBIL.

If they are not selling any gas, they will be inclined to reduce their prices.   If they reduce their prices, the other companies will have to follow suit.

But to have an impact, we need to reach literally millions ofExxon and Mobil gas buyers.  It's really simple to do!  Now, don't wimp out on me at this point...keep reading and I'll explain how simple it is to reach millions of people!!

I am sending this note to 30 people.  If each of us send it to at least ten more (30 x 10 = 300) ..  And those 300 send it to at least ten mor e (300 x 10 = 3,000)...and so on, by the time the message reaches the sixth group of people, we will have reached over THREE MILLION consumers.
If those three million get excited and pass this on to ten friends each, then 30 million people will have been contacted!

If it goes one level further, you guessed it.....  THREE HUNDRED MILLION PEOPLE!!!

Again, all you have to do is send this to 10 people.  That's all!

(If you don't understand how we can reach 300 million and all you have to do is send this to 10 people....  Well, let's face it, you just aren't a mathematician.  But I am .  So trust me on this one.

How long would all that take?  If each of us sends this e-mail out to ten more people within one day of receipt, all 300 MILLION people could conceivably be contacted within the next 8 days!!!

I'll bet you didn't think you and I had that much potential, did you!
 Acting together we can make a difference.

If this makes sense to you, please pass this message on.  I suggest that we not buy from EXXON/MOBIL UNTIL THEY LOWER THEIR PRICES TO THE $2.00 RANGE AND KEEP THEM DOWN.  THIS CAN REALLY WORK.

Keep it going   
Sand - Dirt - Dunes = Fun
       04- 700V - 01- KX500
        08 TeryX 2012 KX450F

Texas Champ.

Re: How to bring down gas prices!
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2008, 04:32:47 AM »
When we are willing to pay over $10.00/gal for diet Snapple (in14oz. bottles) or Evian water in 16oz. bottles...gas is still a bargain...Printer ink $5200.00/gal....Loctite 3200.00/gal.  I'm just looking at the situation as passive terrorism. The Middle East has kicked us in the crotch and they see it is hurting us, and has virtualy turned our economy upside down. We have untapped oil reserves here in the U.S. You can thank the tree hugging conservationists for pressing our government not to use these reserves in attempt to preserve nature...and it's costing all of us at the pump. It's not cheap to drill a well , this is how I make my living....We have oil in abundance here but we are limited to the area in which we can drill for crude. Thank your tree hugging neighbor he's the guy who has forced us to buy it from other parts of the world ,which is where we are now....at their mercy when we are sitting on more than what the average joe realizes. Kerry McCaughey , Drilling Consultant, Corpus Christi ,Tx.

Offline alan

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2008, 06:28:05 AM »
When we are willing to pay over $10.00/gal for diet Snapple (in14oz. bottles) or Evian water in 16oz. bottles...gas is still a bargain...Printer ink $5200.00/gal....Loctite 3200.00/gal.  I'm just looking at the situation as passive terrorism. The Middle East has kicked us in the crotch and they see it is hurting us, and has virtualy turned our economy upside down. We have untapped oil reserves here in the U.S. You can thank the tree hugging conservationists for pressing our government not to use these reserves in attempt to preserve nature...and it's costing all of us at the pump. It's not cheap to drill a well , this is how I make my living....We have oil in abundance here but we are limited to the area in which we can drill for crude. Thank your tree hugging neighbor he's the guy who has forced us to buy it from other parts of the world ,which is where we are now....at their mercy when we are sitting on more than what the average joe realizes. Kerry McCaughey , Drilling Consultant, Corpus Christi ,Tx.

Using that same logic and also assuming that oil and fossil fuels are infinite! I guess we could also apply that same logic to the world population is stable and the demand for energy is also static. Since we know the above statements are False, why not drill everywhere and run out sooner! We must develop alternate energy sources and no, there is no one source that will replace fossil fuels.

I have a friend that just got back form Ireland and the gas over there is $8.00 for regular unleaded and $10.00 a gallon for diesel! The problem will not go away by drilling every 50 feet all over the planet!

The oil companies are screwing us all while they can before we run out!

PLEASE NOTE: I did not even bring up global warming!
       04- 700V - 01- KX500
        08 TeryX 2012 KX450F

Offline kiwimonster

« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2008, 06:43:33 AM »
hey hi from new zealand  we pay $2.00 a litre here and they are talking about $3.00   by   the end of the year.   :x   
d c scrivens

Offline Hillclimb#42

• '97 kx 500, '96 kx 250, '99 KTM 380
« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2008, 07:48:10 AM »
I'm thinking its a little deeper than supply and demand or price wars. Many things would quickly bring down gas prices, but they will never happen until we actually get some leverage against it. To start its the only product or service that I know of that always adds a point 9 to the price. Oil companies are intentionally ripping us a new one on every 9 tenths of a cent for what possible reason? I would rather round up the tenth. Second rip-off that we get is from Uncle Sam. Does anyone know the exact figure on what percent tax that we pay per gallon? Its like 25-30%. As gas prices are inflating by supposed foreign factors, why wouldn't our government put a flat tax on fuel? That is to say 25 cents per gallon even if it goes to 10 bucks a gallon. Simple, because they are benefiting as much as anyone from inflating prices. Also, our free market system plays a role. What do you think happens at the stock markets as a crisis hits the news over and over? Pretty soon some savvy investors see that profits keep going up and up, then its a good place to buy stocks to get in on those hefty margins. Next thing you know stocks go up and up, which drives prices up too.  My opinion, and thats all it is, is that we are just going to keep eating dirt, shoveled into our mouths by Opec and Exxon and every other Gas station in the country until we can formulate some real leverage.
  When I say "leverage", I don't mean strikes or boycotts. I mean a real desire from our technological part of our society getting their heads together and producing some alternative fuels, our car and truck manufacturers to foget about flat screens and DVD players and start working on effecient cars, our government to help instead of helping theirselves to their own unrealistic profits, and tapping into our own resources.
  You know we all should think about the trillions of dollars we spend, every year on foreign countries, who hate our guts. 50 million in aid to this country, another hundred million to this one, forget that crap. The reason people hate us, is because, we are not a third world country, and we live like we all are from Hollywood. Well, that was all fine in the 80's, I guess, but now the 90's have passed and we're in the 00's. Its time to stop living like we have a Platinum Credit card and announce to the world "We are flat busted. " We want all the neighbors to think we are still rolling in money, when we are borrowing billions from China. We still have a duty to the world, as a Super power, to help where we can, but did you know Iraq's goverment is showing surpluses as we go broke spending our money on their infrastructure? That goes beyond fixing what we destroyed. We are fixing up the whole d**n country. They charge our military twice as much for fuel as their citizens pay!!!!! Why do we have to pay for anything in other countries, at all? We are  there mostly to serve their people's interests. Now they are in congress trying to get money to pay soldiers salaries???? Seems to me someone at the Treasurey or in Accounts receivables forgot how to bill out for services rendered. I say spend our money here. Their money when we are there. We can put people on the moon and send rovers to mars, by God we can make fuel from Corn, Peanuts, Grass clipings, Trash, Water, Electric, something. The problem is, noone who has the capability can profit from what we need to do. Its the same problem throughout our society. Gm will buy a patent on 100 mpg Carbs and never put them on a car. Good Year will buy a Patent on a Tire Compound that will last forever and put that on a shelf.
  The only solution, is for some small out fit to get it together and produce some fuels without the consent of goverment. They would put so many restrictions on it that it would shut down production before it would get started. Seems easy enough to come up with  synthetic oil additives and Transmission additives. Where's the synth-gas? (They are still working on something that you can't make.)  Or for a motorcycle company to start producing one seater, and two seater, fiber-glass mini-cars with bike motors. We still desire the big Hummer with the thumpin system, but what we need is the 3 cylinder Double-G (Grocery Getter), but by the time we really need to minimize every luxury, will any manufacturer respond quick enough? I think there is a real market for little kit-car type cars that resemble the Lamborgini's and Ferrari's, but with minimal power. Possibly interchangeable bodies. Incorporating some luxuries into smaller compartments would be far easier now, too. Maybe a guy would be able to change the oil and plugs without extra college degree on them.
  Well, I will give back the podium to whoever's next, I just wanted to check in on my thread about my spark test.... :lol: :lol: :-P :-P
« Last Edit: May 21, 2008, 07:56:00 AM by Hillclimb#42 »

Offline BDI

« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2008, 09:31:05 AM »
WOW thats very well educated rant. The one thing that worries me about us finding ways to use less fuel is the fact that the price of fuel will go even higher. I guarantee if we all had cars that got a hundred miles to the gallon we would be paying $80.00 pluss a gallon for gas. In my opinion the price of fuel is an attack on the USA from the Arab world. They realize that one of the reasons if not the main reason we are such a super power is cheap fuel. It's funny I hear all these reasons from people why they think diesel fuel has gotten so expensive, it is my opinoin that the reason diesel fuel now costs more then any other fuel is because every bit of cargo we move and every ounce of dirt we move in this country is moved with diesel fuel. That is a direct attack on are economy if you ask me.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2008, 02:04:33 PM by BDI »
Smoke every cigarette like It's your last and ride like you stole something!!!

Texas Champ.

« Reply #6 on: May 21, 2008, 11:39:50 AM »
It's impossible to control global warming when the sun is constanly getting hotter the older it gets...I didn't see Al Gore mention that....and no one mentioned that to the kids in school who were force fed his garbage....If we drop the global norm to about  .5 deg.  and we have a capstrophic volcano thats way bigger that Mt. St. Helens and blocks out the sun and we expierence global icing as did the dinosaurs... We won't need to worry about jetting our 500's.The high price of fossil fuel will prompt the search for alternative fuels. meanwhile untapped reserves are everywhere but we can't drill them because they are protected, kinda like being hungry with food in the refridgerator and not eating because it makes dirty dishes.....km
« Last Edit: May 21, 2008, 03:59:36 PM by Texas Champ. »

Offline Platypus

• Platypus Racing
« Reply #7 on: May 21, 2008, 07:58:05 PM »
  Alan it won't work.  You don't always get 76 with pro power at 76 stations.  Gas stations get their gas from competing companies all the time.  It would have no affect on demand and therefore would not work.

Texas Champ.   Our government sent petroleum engineers to the middle east in the 1920's to teach them how to find, extract and refine oil using our most current technology at the time.  I don't think there were too many tree huggers around back then.  Did you know that the United States supported a coup in Iraq to put the Ba'ath party into power?  Saddam Hussein was a key player in the whole deal. Sooooooo many things we don't know.

Hillclimb.  I'm pretty sure the federal fuel tax is flat.  Higher population = more cars on federal roads = new roads and higher maintenance = higher tax.  Patents are not infinite.  I think they are 20 years at which point anyone can legally infringe on them.  I'm not a patent lawyer and I believe they can be extended but again they are not infinite.  Congress just approved a 3.5% pay raise for the military a few days ago I think...I know I just read it in the paper recently.  Have not heard about any  problems for soldiers not getting paid.  If there are I'd like to hear about them.  Our own homegrown companies charge our Military out the ass for whatever you can think of.  It seems to be status quo for anyone supplying the military. 

Texas Champ.  900 million years, according to current science, before the sun is too hot for earth to be habitable. 

Anyway, sorry your post got hijacked Alan, I do tend to enjoy discussion whatever the topic may be. 

« Last Edit: May 21, 2008, 08:06:38 PM by Platypus »

Offline alan

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: May 22, 2008, 01:51:20 AM »
I only posted the email I received to see where members thinking was. The guy who sent it to me worked in the energy industry. The would is at a pivotal point in history and we must make some real hard choices! There are no easy answers and some still have their head in the sand.................
       04- 700V - 01- KX500
        08 TeryX 2012 KX450F

Offline 5dracing

« Reply #9 on: May 22, 2008, 06:51:22 AM »
I agree that we have to do something in the area of synth fuels or alternate fuels. The problem I have with it is right now some alternate fuels are taking food off of the table. Is it better for our country to use these fuels? I don't have that answer. I know some farmers and they don't know if its a benefit or not. The same corn they feed their cows is now being used for producing fuel and the cost of corn is soaring. Where I'm at alot of people are now using it as a heating sorce also in the form of corn burning furnaces. Did the oil companies get jealous and say if you dont want our oil for heat we'll get our money another way?

I obviously do not have the answers, just alot of questions.
The torch has been passed; Father to Son. He is faster!!!