Author Topic: Max power plated cylinder  (Read 1903 times)

Offline stroke.n.smoke

Max power plated cylinder
« on: May 20, 2008, 04:43:08 PM »
After a month long wait I have received my cylinder, head, and crank.  The work is good from what I can see.  They did a good job on the cylinder, chamfering all the ports.  I don't really know why they plated the entire cylinder head???  Mabye one of you can tell me.  hopefully it does something good?  Anyway, here are a couple of pictures, I have to cut a port in the piston myself, since they wouldn't do it before they  coated it.  I even sent the old piston with Stewarts mod.  They didn't send it back so mabye they are going to keep it to study and learn??? 

Offline kaw rider

• Cool your engine with water not fuel
Re: Max power plated cylinder
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2008, 04:52:05 PM »
yeap, that was your top end i seen when i was down there. the head is nice.

Offline BDI

« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2008, 05:00:44 PM »
 :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: They should have plated the whole cylinder two, that would have looked cool.I bet that costed you a bunch but will net you nothing. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
« Last Edit: May 20, 2008, 05:03:17 PM by BDI »
Smoke every cigarette like It's your last and ride like you stole something!!!

Offline stroke.n.smoke

« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2008, 11:40:11 PM »
I agree, now the head cylinder and the bottom end are three different colors,  I might bead blast the bottom end and actually paint it...  I wasn't looking for HP gains in the head, I am hoping it will help save the head incase of detonation, I was having a problem with pinging but I think I have it figured out now.