Author Topic: What do you want; But, you can't get?  (Read 13795 times)

teamgreen500

What do you want; But, you can't get?
« Reply #30 on: October 28, 2003, 10:09:54 AM »
Am I missing something? I just run the BRP bar clamps w/ one-piece top clamp; However, last I checked, Ol' man Emig made Triples for the K5. Choose your color!

Manny

Offline Paul

• Top Dawg
    • KX Riders
« Reply #31 on: October 28, 2003, 10:15:00 AM »
I think I'm missing something, i run stockers and don't have a problem...

mikesmith

« Reply #32 on: October 28, 2003, 08:15:02 PM »
In my opinion aftermarket clamps are only good if they provide a differant bar position (farther back or forward than  stock provides) if so needed.I'm not sure why any-one would want solid mounts on a K5,so thats out.They weigh more than stock by quite a bit normally so I guess it's the cool facter.

teamgreen500

« Reply #33 on: November 03, 2003, 05:43:03 AM »
I run the BRP top bar clamp becuase it eliminates the "twisty" feel I notice in the rocks with the stock clamps.

Manny

mikesmith

« Reply #34 on: November 03, 2003, 08:37:47 AM »
Not the triple clamp but the bar clamp?Yeah" must have" a one piece top clamp when you have rubber mounts or one fall and your bars are pointing every way but sraight!

Rick

« Reply #35 on: November 03, 2003, 08:49:17 AM »
Wow, didn't know there was so much consternation with the stock tripples.  I run stock top an bottom, custom towers that lift the Pro Taper bars 1 inch (the same Pro Tapers I have used for the last 3 years in fact), a Scott top mount so I can run the dampener, all mounted in the stock rubber mounts.   I also have the brass vibration dampeners in the ends of my bars.

I think Paul tossed his rubber tower mounts, and has replaced with aluminum units.  Not sure I understand why, as I would have thought the rubber reduces vibration.  I know the bars will twist in a crash with the rubber mounts, but hey, just don't crash  :wink: .

Rick

Offline Paul

• Top Dawg
    • KX Riders
« Reply #36 on: November 03, 2003, 09:01:45 AM »
Believe it or not, the solids transfer LESS vibration to my hands than the rubbers did. Anyone coming to Glamis is welcome to ride the bike and see for yourself. This is not going to be the balanced / trued crank monster though. This is a little stocker with a wore out topend  and banged up pipe. Gotta save the racer for January ;)

HULKSTER

« Reply #37 on: November 04, 2003, 12:49:39 AM »
here is a sweet bar setup....

Pricey but worth it....

Offline Paul

• Top Dawg
    • KX Riders
« Reply #38 on: November 04, 2003, 01:14:41 AM »
Some how I don't believe my Scotts will fit on there ;)

mikesmith

« Reply #39 on: November 04, 2003, 07:24:30 AM »
I've read a test on that bar and the rider said "it was the best SUSPENSION mod he had"makes me want to try one, but the price doesn't!

Offline doordie

• Global Moderator
  • Do or Die.....
« Reply #40 on: November 04, 2003, 08:43:43 AM »
I want some rev-lock clutch for amazing starts on ice and it will also fit my other bike for trail and motoX ,but the money 1000 dollar and 300++dollar for a new clutchhub :( .But what a good thing!!!! :D
Iceroad champion 2006,still 2007,even 2008 without a single race!

Z1R

« Reply #41 on: December 06, 2003, 03:41:15 AM »
First, I would like to see a KDX kit ... Lights, flywheel, ODO.

Second (and definitely under the 'you'll never see it category'), a wide ratio transimission kit.  This would help the woods riders\racers like me if I could get a little lower first and second ... and the Dez riders with a taller top gear(s).

1alldave

Wish List
« Reply #42 on: December 12, 2003, 06:35:39 PM »
I wish the aftermarket would support the KX500s with stuff for the real power junkies, Most of the stuff available is to smooth out the power and tame it down. I am talking bolt-on complete cyl. Big Bore kits like they make for quads, billet cyl. heads with changeble domes,SST pipes. Since KX500s still rule the dunes, I think there is a big market for this stuff.Duners always want more HP.

crazyryan

« Reply #43 on: January 13, 2005, 10:39:49 AM »
I agree on the need for a special pipe and kick starter.  I need an oversized pipe to make my stroked out KX5 run to it's potential. Ya, it's a 595.  A silly set of reeds, or pipe, and plastic.  Is that all is on this site for KX5's? I live in Michigan and I say I have the fastest and badest on this side of the Mississippi.

91kx

« Reply #44 on: January 14, 2005, 08:56:06 AM »
I'd like a wide-ratio tranny kit.My old Dirtbike Mag says they were available in 89+90.