Author Topic: What do you want; But, you can't get?  (Read 13792 times)

teamgreen500

What do you want; But, you can't get?
« on: October 01, 2003, 01:10:21 PM »
I've been working on a little project for a couple of months now, and, before I get some things set in motion...I have a question for all of you:

What K5 parts, both "stock-replacement" and "After-market", do you want; But, you can't find?

For instance: Pipe selection is not what it once was: Tried getting a new "Fatty" lately? you can have a "Gnarly"...ain't the same to me; eventhough, I've been told it's just a thick walled "Fatty"...my "Pi-tape" doesn't lie!

Tried getting a Silencer/Spark-arrestor combo? Only a few to choose from.

The point: Some of these things can be had if the Qty's are there.

What products do we want/miss?

I can get our "Favorite" pipes manufactured if I believe that there's a market for them. There are a few "Special Blends" from the KX/SR500 days that could be produced and would be about $220 each. Our "Own" pipes, if you will. Don't start sniveling aboout the price until you read this: We are talking "WORKS" type pipes here....ooooooooooooo!

Don't just think about pipes...what else has "Gone missing" in your opinion...I'm asking.

A really tough Skid-plate that'll survive Morons like me? (Get the picture?)

There are a lot of companies out there that can be convinced to "make a special run of parts" if there is good reason. In some cases, I'd be willing to get "specialty items" made to our spec's. After-all, this is the home of the K5 Bandits!

So, let's have it!

Manny

BTW, Isn't it about time we got Rhinogirl an a K5? We could lower one for her, couldn't we...Rick? Paul?

Offline Paul

• Top Dawg
    • KX Riders
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2003, 01:36:39 PM »
She has access to one, her ol' man da monkey has one. I'm sure we can get it low enough :wink:

Things that you just can't get...

Graphics...
Rear shark fin...
Different color plastic...

NOW for the important stuff...

Pipe - I had an FMF Burly that was AWESOME. Tough as hell and pulled harder than a Fatty
Pistons - I'd kill to get my hands on an 11% + high silicon content piston like a Keith Black Silv-o-lite
USFS Silencer that would outperform a sparky combo without having the screen clog up
Head geometry on the frame changed from 30 to 28.5 degrees (Oops, wrong wish list :lol: )

I'll think of some more...

teamgreen500

« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2003, 01:59:40 PM »
Actually, Paul, that's exactly the kinda things I'm looking for.

BTW, Idon't think you'd like the front-end much steepr...that's called a Honda!

"Shake, Shake, Shake...Shake your bootie"...as told by K.C. and the Sunshine Band!

Manny

Offline Paul

• Top Dawg
    • KX Riders
« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2003, 02:32:46 PM »
I would at the track :D

Offline demographic

« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2003, 05:44:24 AM »
Would be interested in the works type spannie, and know for a fact that a few KX owners would like black plastics (not bothered myself cos I like the green) and although I like the idea of the Noleen pipe and Ty davis tank combo I would like it if I didn't have to take out a loan to get one :shock:

On about USFS silencers though, Have any of you lot tried the Pro circuit type 296 silencer?
It is supposed to be quieter than the others and doesn't look as long as the other ones with a sparky.

I would also like Kawasaki to keep on making KX 5s cos at the moment they are about the only Japanese manifacturer with the balls to make a big two stroke and I love em :D

Edited to put a link to Pro circuit USFS silencer in http://shop.procircuit.com//s/shop/item.asp?hardparts=1&id=344635

rhinogrrrl

Re: What do you want; But, you can't get?
« Reply #5 on: October 03, 2003, 06:14:34 AM »
Quote from: teamgreen500
BTW, Isn't it about time we got Rhinogirl an a K5? We could lower one for her, couldn't we...Rick? Paul?

HAAAAA!!!!!!  :lol:  That would be a funny sight!  :shock:  :wink: More silly than anything else heeheeeheeeee

As for parts wanted but can't get....well, I don't ride a KX5-hunny so I couldn't answer that.  :(

Offline John

• http://www.hallbergs.net
« Reply #6 on: October 03, 2003, 07:18:57 AM »
I've got one of these. My bike still makes a lot of noise i.e. children cries and points finger, pensioners tries to knock me down with their walking sticks etc.

It doesn't look as the silencer on the picture though. Mine has a shorter rat tail (the short pipe at the end)

/John

Offline Paul

• Top Dawg
    • KX Riders
« Reply #7 on: October 03, 2003, 08:51:56 AM »
I want a "Factory backed KX250/500" like the Service Honda. Thats what i would really like, give it to me in kit, I don't care... THAT would rock at the track.

teamgreen500

« Reply #8 on: October 03, 2003, 10:04:34 AM »
Hmmmm....you know...Kawi has an "Engine Program" for Karts 'n ATVs; But, I don't recall the 500 motor bein' in it...I'll check.

You know, Paul, that's very generous of you to call the Over-priced Service Honda 500Al. a factory backed scooter....don't try callin' Honda with a tech. question on it! :lol:

Manny

You know me...not a whole lotta good to say about "Big Red"! :roll:  :twisted:

Offline demographic

« Reply #9 on: October 05, 2003, 03:37:35 AM »
Quote from: Paul
I want a "Factory backed KX250/500" like the Service Honda. Thats what i would really like, give it to me in kit, I don't care... THAT would rock at the track.

Might just piss on Hondas chips as well.

I mean it would embarass them if they built new and expensive four strokes and they got blitzed on the track by a bike with a dinosaur of an engine :lol:

Can you imagine how much interest there would be in that project?

Loads I reckon

teamgreen500

« Reply #10 on: October 05, 2003, 05:38:59 AM »
demographic,

Hey, where're you from?

Aussie? Kiwi? Pommie?

Manny

Offline demographic

« Reply #11 on: October 05, 2003, 06:23:37 AM »
demographic,

Hey, where're you from?

Aussie? Kiwi? Pommie?

Manny

England (the real one NOT the copy :wink: ) UK.

was it the way I spell aluminium that gave the game away? :lol:

teamgreen500

« Reply #12 on: October 05, 2003, 07:40:31 AM »
"Loads I reckon..."

Manny

Offline demographic

« Reply #13 on: October 05, 2003, 08:21:27 AM »
"Loads I reckon..."

Manny

Shucks, I would have gotten away with it too if it weren't for those pesky kids :wink:

Regards, Scott

Benson

« Reply #14 on: October 17, 2003, 02:17:27 PM »
I need an Aluminum CNC Billet Kickstarter lever with a modern design,  or a Steel unit.  I have a Prosthetic right foot and it snaps OEM levers like twigs.  I've gone thru four.
If it could grab my boot better too it would be nice,  I can't move the plastic ancle and most times I try and kick the bike with my right foot,  the toes are pointing up to the sky.  It really Blows.

I also need a Cush drive rear hub so I can Duel Sport my KX without eating everything Mechanical up on the pavement.

I could also use a Bolt on retro fit Electric starter unit.  LOL

Benson :wink: