Author Topic: My new toy!  (Read 5824 times)

Offline alan

• Administrator
My new toy!
« on: March 07, 2008, 12:50:46 PM »
Well the Kawie dealer just delivered my new toy!  Looks like I will be doing more driving than riding, but my wife can't wait to ride shotgun and drink beer! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Sand - Dirt - Dunes = Fun
       04- 700V - 01- KX500
        08 TeryX 2012 KX450F

js

Re: My new toy!
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2008, 01:06:58 PM »
I make have a snow plow that will fit on the back.

Offline alan

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2008, 01:22:07 PM »
Trust me, this machine will never see snow as long as I own it! I moved to El Paso, Texas 40 years ago just to avoid the snow in Colorado, where I grew up! :lol: :lol: :-D :-D
       04- 700V - 01- KX500
        08 TeryX 2012 KX450F

Offline BDI

« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2008, 03:56:44 PM »
Congrats Alan on the new toy. My buddy Mike and I found that a side by side at the dunes about two in the morning(If you are drunk enough) plowing bushes and jumping the mounds of dirt that collects around the base of the bushes will make  you laugh so hard that you will acctully start to cry and blow snot bubbles so you might want to be carefull.
Smoke every cigarette like It's your last and ride like you stole something!!!

js

« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2008, 06:30:42 PM »
I think the statue of limitations is up after 40 yrs. there are good roads for that thing up here.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2008, 05:03:13 AM by js »

Offline maddoggy

• K5 @ ST. ANTHONY DUNES
« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2008, 06:52:27 PM »
I was just down in el paso. last week lucky for you I didnt know you lived there. I have kind of a motorcycle story to tell you from el paso. I was riding my bicycle across the us and stopped in el paso to visit my cousins. they took me out drinking, after the bars closed in el paso they took me over the river to waras? we went to a bar and there was a streetbike out front. I knew how to start it with out the key and told my cousin to get on well take a spin. she said noway and went into the bar. It took me a second to get the guys wiring back in place and the local mexican police were standing there watching the whole thing. and decided that I was going to give them a hundred bucks. I said no comprendo! they took me to jail so that I'd comprendo. we argued for awhile at the jail then they decided if I was in the cell for awhile I'd come up with the hundred. Two minutes on that concrete bed and I was asleep. lucky for me, my aunt fed me her famous burittos before her kids took me out to show me how to party. because I barely got to sleep and the guard woke me up and said you have to go! didnt like the gas i passed in my sleep. a couple hrs later, the same two policeman that wanted the 100.00 found me giving free taxi rides to the american tourist. they were pretty nice and said this would cost me 200. and took me back to jail when I wouldnt pay. the guy a the jail must have had seniority and informed them that I wasnt going in his jail and told them to take me to the border and tell them not to let me back in.
yah, Alan. i think by the sounds of the stories you are lucky js didn't know you lived in El Paso when he was there. anyhooooo, thats a real nice toy, next stop........ powered wheelchair. :-D  just kiddin'.  congrats!  MADDOGGY

Offline doordie

• Global Moderator
  • Do or Die.....
« Reply #6 on: March 08, 2008, 08:00:35 PM »
Nice ride Alan!!!! 8-)
Iceroad champion 2006,still 2007,even 2008 without a single race!

Offline Johnniespeed

• The Thrill of Speed overcomes the fear of Death.
« Reply #7 on: March 08, 2008, 11:59:14 PM »
 Alan, there must be some performance mods that will get it up on the back wheels.  I am sure the guys on this site will come up with something. LOL.   John
Spring is here and the Mighty 500 wants to ride.
 2004 KX500 E16
 Michigan has the best groomed and mapped trail system, check out the Cycle Conservation Club of Michigan trail maps.

Offline alan

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: March 09, 2008, 10:44:30 AM »
I was just down in el paso. last week lucky for you I didnt know you lived there. I have kind of a motorcycle story to tell you from el paso. I was riding my bicycle across the us and stopped in el paso to visit my cousins. they took me out drinking, after the bars closed in el paso they took me over the river to waras? we went to a bar and there was a streetbike out front. I knew how to start it with out the key and told my cousin to get on well take a spin. she said noway and went into the bar. It took me a second to get the guys wiring back in place and the local mexican police were standing there watching the whole thing. and decided that I was going to give them a hundred bucks. I said no comprendo! they took me to jail so that I'd comprendo. we argued for awhile at the jail then they decided if I was in the cell for awhile I'd come up with the hundred. Two minutes on that concrete bed and I was asleep. lucky for me, my aunt fed me her famous burittos before her kids took me out to show me how to party. because I barely got to sleep and the guard woke me up and said you have to go! didnt like the gas i passed in my sleep. a couple hrs later, the same two policeman that wanted the 100.00 found me giving free taxi rides to the american tourist. they were pretty nice and said this would cost me 200. and took me back to jail when I wouldnt pay. the guy a the jail must have had seniority and informed them that I wasnt going in his jail and told them to take me to the border and tell them not to let me back in.
yah, Alan. i think by the sounds of the stories you are lucky js didn't know you lived in El Paso when he was there. anyhooooo, thats a real nice toy, next stop........ powered wheelchair. :-D  just kiddin'.  congrats!  MADDOGGY
Yep my idea of a powered wheelchair is one with a KX5 motor or maybe a ZX10 turbo! :lol: :lol: :lol:
       04- 700V - 01- KX500
        08 TeryX 2012 KX450F

js

« Reply #9 on: March 09, 2008, 10:54:56 AM »
two kegs of beer mounted way back will get the front end off the ground then have a seperate brake lever for each rear wheel to help turn.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2008, 11:06:21 AM by js »

Offline k5abuser

« Reply #10 on: March 09, 2008, 02:53:37 PM »
remember the more the wife drinks the less likly the front end will keep coming up . but if she drinks the right amount than it will balance out and ride wheelesssss all day . lol . or just put a stewart k5 motor on it . maybe two . its a big ride. is that the new 750 FI .
race gas is fast but Q16 hauls azz.i still ride because i am not ready to have been that fast. i ride a kx500 because they don't make a kx600!ck k5abuser on youtube

Offline gowen

• Resident Newbie
  • Global Moderator
  • www.KXRiders.com
« Reply #11 on: March 19, 2008, 12:12:26 AM »
Nice toy Alan!! Seeing all the sand you got and area, makes me want to move to Texas, I've already asked the wife.. No go yet... Job, friends, now kids, hell I don't see us moving for awhile. But that or So. Cal is where we will move one of these days.

Offline TheGDog

« Reply #12 on: March 19, 2008, 04:34:37 AM »
Nice toy Alan!! Seeing all the sand you got and area, makes me want to move to Texas, I've already asked the wife.. No go yet... Job, friends, now kids, hell I don't see us moving for awhile. But that or So. Cal is where we will move one of these days.

If you enjoy riding.... I hate to say this.... but you probably DON'T wanna move to SoCal.  If  you move here you'll probably want to move to a region that has nice climate... and all the riding areas are a hefty drive away.  And gas keeps creepin up and up.  I'm often envious of the varied types of terrain it seems like everybody else has to enjoy.
'97 PC800 + '96 KX 500 + '90 KDX 200 + 2000 XR50R (for the lil guy!)

Offline TheGDog

« Reply #13 on: March 19, 2008, 04:37:22 AM »
P.S.   Alan... sorry to hear about your new toy. 

But I guess it'll happen to all of us someday. 

For me... maybe after my mid 70's I guess  :lol:

Gawd... next thing you know... you'll be wanting to ride a (BARF!) Harley or something.
'97 PC800 + '96 KX 500 + '90 KDX 200 + 2000 XR50R (for the lil guy!)

Offline alan

• Administrator
« Reply #14 on: March 19, 2008, 12:26:50 PM »
Don't feel to bad guys! I still have my KX500 and KFX700 V force and my new TeryX, it aint like I am going to quit riding all together. My wife doesn't want to ride anymore, so that is why I got the Teryx... I did tell her we need to put 5 way safety harnesses in it and when she ask why, I told her I would probably roll it off a big dune in Glamis with here on board!  :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
       04- 700V - 01- KX500
        08 TeryX 2012 KX450F