Author Topic: Cool spark plug  (Read 2366 times)

Offline BDI

Cool spark plug
« on: March 02, 2008, 07:16:38 AM »
Check out this spark plug my budy BigbellyBob gave me. I guess these are made for ktm by ngk and according to Bob they are just like the normal ngk plugs just shorter. I dont know much more then that about them but I will be researching them for sure. These will make life a little easier on the 250/500 swap and I don't see any reason not to run them in a regular K-5 who culdn't use a little more room. Well for now It's just an idea I'm sure there will be some reason we can't use these it will probably turn out to be one of those to good to be true things.
Smoke every cigarette like It's your last and ride like you stole something!!!

Offline kaw rider

• Cool your engine with water not fuel
Re: Cool spark plug
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2008, 09:43:03 AM »
bdi
as long as it has the same heat range it would work. i run a different plug in my head. i know a little about plug and head design.

Offline don46

« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2008, 12:49:11 PM »
The new KX 250's use that exact same sparkplug, I've been using it in my 02 250/500 for some time. the only drawback to that plug is that it's something like $19 retail, now maybe KTM is cheaper, or there is some other after market source. if anyone wants the number let me know and get it off the plug.
Live today, for tomorrow may never come

Offline bigbellybob

« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2008, 10:02:54 AM »
if the plug was $19 i would not run one i get them at the local bike shop (best cycle parts) for under $9 even ktm only wants $12. and it comes in iridium (br8ecmix)
the normal plug is a (br8ecm)
« Last Edit: March 03, 2008, 10:06:01 AM by bigbellybob »
IF RIDING IS OUTLAWED ONLY OUTLAWS WILL RIDE

sponsor
http://www.steelmx.com/