Author Topic: My little Scottish H2 125  (Read 2749 times)

Offline 2 smoke juan

My little Scottish H2 125
« on: October 17, 2007, 11:20:06 AM »
Hi there

Another member signed up from bonnie Scotland.

I'm about to embark on a full resto of the bike below - it's a 1991 KX 125 H2 - this is how it looked when it was retired back in March 1994.

I've had my little Kwacker since it was brand new, got it as a 14 year old in Sept '91 from Mickey Oates Motorcycles in Glasgow. I had to wait a full year to race it as the S.A.C.U didn't let kids ride 125's until they were 15 back in the day! I raced with the BYMX club and with Irvine motocross club through the 90's, firstly on this then a 95 KX 250 which unfortunately had to be sold later that year to pay rent whilst i was a student in Edinburgh.

I also have an 07 KX 250 2 stroke, but my little H2 has been sitting looking sad in the back of our workshop for far too long so i started stock piling bits in anticipation for a refurb!

I've already landed quite a few new old stock parts for it like genuine Kawasaki complete front and rear wheels, rear sub frame, genuine shrouds with original graphics, ceet gripper cover, pro-circuit exhaust and 304 silencer etc. Finding parts for a 16 year old bike has been a pain, Kawasaki UK do not want to know, although i have been lucky getting parts from CMSNL in Holland and World of Cycles in Pensylvania.

The motor is going to get blueprinted and rebuilt along with a complete suspension overhaul over the winter and i hope to have it complete by next march.

Anyway - i've rambled on enough for my intro. Hope i can be of help on here and i'll keep you posted on the re-build!

Cheers

Ewan

Offline FactoryPhil

Re: My little Scottish H2 125
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2007, 07:08:29 PM »
Beautiful bike! Sounds like you are planning on building a nice "sleeper" as we call it here. Keep us posted!
It's not if you crash ...it's when
I'm on IRC efnet #mp3addics-chat Mechanos or MechServ

Offline 2 smoke juan

« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2008, 10:59:43 AM »
Resto now underway - if you're into tiddlers keep a look out on the 125 section!  :-D

Offline BDI

« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2008, 12:39:28 PM »
Beautiful bike! Sounds like you are planning on building a nice "sleeper" as we call it here. Keep us posted!
factoryphill where have you been I've missed ya.
Smoke every cigarette like It's your last and ride like you stole something!!!