Author Topic: Powervalve working?  (Read 1642 times)

Offline Good

• Yo.
Powervalve working?
« on: August 15, 2007, 02:37:20 PM »
Hey guys, looking at the powervalve I think...

Isn't one of the little arms supposed to move back and forth when I just kick it over?  Or, does it only move at a specific RPM?  I haven't started it with the cover and bobbin off to check that, but I did kick it over and nothing moves.  If it's a problem, what's it take to fix this.  I need my power... :cry:  Thanx guys.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2007, 03:09:08 PM by Good »

Offline doordie

• Global Moderator
  • Do or Die.....
Re: Powervalve working?
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2007, 03:05:07 AM »
You missing a wheel! :lol:

Sorry joking, but?s true. :wink:
The grooved wheel for KIPS pull-arm is missing and the lockshim for it. :-(

Iceroad champion 2006,still 2007,even 2008 without a single race!

Offline Good

• Yo.
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2007, 09:20:19 AM »
Yeah, I have them and just removed them before the pics.  I'm just not getting any movement out of the arm, unless it just moves at a high RPM, which I'll check next time I get a chance...  I just don't have any power though the bike runs great... :oops:

Offline FuriouSly

• the "Base Camp"
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2007, 10:01:22 AM »
Put the wheel back on the shaft and leave the pin of the arm out of the slot.  You should be able to move the powervalve shaft in and out of the cylinder.  It should move about a 1/2 to 3/4 of an inch in travel.  If it does not their is more than likely excessive carbon buildup on the valves inside the cylinder.

The arm only moves with the RPM's of the motor.  It moves outward from the cylinder (pulls the powervalve shaft outwards).

If the shaft is stuck it basically acts like a smaller cc engine by constricting the exhaust port at idle and lower RPM's. When you get on the gas and everything is working right the powervalves open the exhaust port to run like a 500cc.

Sly