Author Topic: My Wife  (Read 5131 times)

Offline BDI

My Wife
« on: July 23, 2007, 04:01:46 PM »
I bought a 2002 kx250 for $3000.00 In 04 brought It home and tore It apart sold all the parts I did not want. Then I took apart my kx500 that I just finished completly rebuilding from the ground up everything was new even down to the cable's. I sold all of that then I built my new bike and made to trip's from Las Vegas to California having a pipe built then I took It to the sand dunes about three times to shake It down. When I was happy with the way It ran I tore the whole bike appart again and did all the finish work. Basicaly that was a ground up resto that even included building new wheels. My wife helped me with all of this and even ordered a lot of the parts, she listed everything I sold on ebay for me and even helped package most of the parts to be shipped. She shipped all of the stuff we sold while I was at work. When she would go to ship stuff there was so much stuff that she would have to use a shopping cart to take It all from the truck In to the ups store, this went on for weeks. when I go to the dunes she makes all my food for me and gets my Ice chest ready and help's me load all of my stuff in the truck. She helps me remember all the little things my dumb ass would forget. When I get home she helps me unload and clean It all up. She always buys me cool stuff for Christmas and my birthday like bike parts. One year I got a Handy motorcycle lift just like the one's they use In the bike shop. Another year I got a miller plasma cutter the largest portable they make. For my fifth wedding anniversary I got a GPR stabilizer for my street bike It was the third one they had ever made for a road bike and the first two were for a race team she called gpr and talked to the owner and he sent her a Prototype kit I had the first one on a street bike anywhere And the list goes on and on. She holds wrenches for me when I need a third hand and even helps me out with jetting and she has a thorough grasp on what we are doing she knows how to read a jet chart and how to use a jet calculator. She even comes out In the garage just to kick back with me. Are ten year anniversary Is coming up in a couple of days and we have been together for thirteen years. I think she likes me and I know most of my buddies hate me :-D.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2010, 01:30:47 PM by BDI »
Smoke every cigarette like It's your last and ride like you stole something!!!

Offline BigGreenMachine

Re: My Wife
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2007, 04:14:54 PM »
 :-D  Is she hot?  :lol:

Sounds like she is holding up her side of the relationship very well! I wish you two a happy 10 yr anniversary and many more to come.  :-)

James

Offline MadKaw

« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2007, 04:22:08 PM »
congradulations on the great catch. a familiar story here, we just had out 17 anniv. June 23rd.
Deviate from the Norm!
Father!...The sleeper has Awaken!!!

2001 Harley Sportster xlh1200
'73 Suzuki GT550
'75 Suzuki GT550
'74 Kawasaki Z1 900
'79 Yamaha GT80
'93 KX500*******
'84 Yamaha Riva 180z scooter
08 Q-link Pegasus scooter first new rid

Offline Hillclimb#42

• '97 kx 500, '96 kx 250, '99 KTM 380
« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2007, 11:29:29 PM »
 Congrats on the wife and projects. Its good to hear that there are those good women out there. My girlfriends always start that way, but wind up on the other end of the scale. My current girlfriend now is very similar to your story. I have been waiting for the big change to the wicked witch, but I guess there is hope.
 Does the wife ride? My gf is determined to be trailed or to ride. She is hooked. I'm more nervous about her riding than I am racing a k5. I am glad that she encourages my past time, though and she is a great addition to the team. I have been looking for a bike for her. I've looked at TT's, XR's, DRZ, KDX but she is wanting  KX 125. GOOD GIRL. Too bad nobody wants to sell them. Well at least at a reasonable price.
 Any tips for getting these kind of Christmas presents from my girl?

Offline alan

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2007, 01:33:02 AM »
I think I would keep her for at least another 10! :-D :-D :-D :-D
Sand - Dirt - Dunes = Fun
       04- 700V - 01- KX500
        08 TeryX 2012 KX450F

openclass

« Reply #5 on: July 24, 2007, 03:15:20 AM »
bdi You are one lucky Man!

Offline alan

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: July 24, 2007, 03:39:48 AM »
I am also lucky, just had my 15th! She rides the dunes and the desert on her 700 kawie prairie quad and never complains about all my toys! It did take 3 to find her! :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D
Sand - Dirt - Dunes = Fun
       04- 700V - 01- KX500
        08 TeryX 2012 KX450F

Offline hughes

• Dirt Hammers
« Reply #7 on: July 24, 2007, 04:56:31 AM »
I just had my 10th year this past June. My wife understands this whole riding thing. She helps out with packing lunch and drinks down to washing the bikes. We have two kids so it gets busy around our house. She understands when I take the kids riding or just going riding with the guy's. She never ask for anything in return.

BDI if I was you I would do or get her something special for the 10th anniverary.
Open Class 2-Stroke Kawasaki KX500
Yamaha 2005 YZ250
Richard Hughes
Dirt Hammers - Online Off-Road Journal
hughes@dirthammers.com
http://www.dirthammers.com

Offline don46

« Reply #8 on: July 24, 2007, 06:34:20 AM »
BDI, I agree with Hughes, you should do something special for your 10th anniversary, of course I'm sure that is your thought as well. Most women don't get it, or at least those that aren't associated with gear heads.

I just passed 28 years and all is good, she pretty much lets me do my thing and doesn't give me alot of grief. She gets everything together when its race time and makes sure we don't forget anything, I take her snowmobiling through the winter and she's happy. Her only complaint was she couldn't get the lawn mower out of the shed, I currently have 8 dirt bikes and not enough room to store them, so, I built her her own shed for the lawn mower and the other for the bikes and the rest of my junk.

Live today, for tomorrow may never come

Offline BDI

« Reply #9 on: July 24, 2007, 04:04:46 PM »
Thanks guys, I know this is kind of a weird post It's just that sometimes people say things about how their women gets mad about them doing things that they enjoy and It reminds me how lucky I am. What we do Is who we are and a lot of us have been ridding since we were very young and It Is not some sort of passing phase(a lot of girls are). I have a buddy who Is a sponsored pro desert racer he has been ridding his whole life. He got hooked up with this chick that will not let him ride and last year when he bought his new bike she almost divorced him literally. He Is miserable and she Is a selfish BI*CH. I am very lucky and If It sounds Like I'm bragging that's because I am. :wink:
« Last Edit: July 24, 2007, 04:31:39 PM by BDI »

Offline 5dracing

« Reply #10 on: July 25, 2007, 07:50:04 AM »
Brag away.    She's a keeper for sure. You ought to do something special like rebuild a top end on your anniversary!!! just kidding.
The torch has been passed; Father to Son. He is faster!!!

eprovenzano

« Reply #11 on: July 26, 2007, 02:21:47 AM »
Has she asked to go riding with you?  I would love to see my wife on a bike, she's just to timid to try it.

Offline BDI

« Reply #12 on: July 26, 2007, 05:16:26 PM »
My problem with that Is If I incourage her to ride and she gets hurt I have to live with the guilt that she was only doing It for me. If It was something she wanted to do on her own and was passionate about It and got hurt I could deal with that. Chances are If you are doing something you don't really want to do and are apprehensive about doing It you are going to get hurt. She has a 2000 400EX quad the tires are still new the battery Is dead and the gas Is bad If you washed the dust off It looks like It did the day It came off the show room floor. She's passionate about quilting and thats ok with me.

Offline jfabmotorsports.com

« Reply #13 on: February 24, 2010, 03:38:54 AM »
I just had to drag this back to the top. :-D
Don't just float through life, make waves!

Offline KXcam22

« Reply #14 on: February 24, 2010, 07:13:29 PM »
Jerry,
  Thats a cool thread from BDI.  I know what he means. I have been married 21 yrs and my wife still dirt rides, rockclimbs, skiis & wakeboards with me. In our family we recognize that life can be short so you must enjoy it when and while you can, essentially keeping the short term plans and the long term plans running together.  The kids have inherited our love of thrilling activities and understand that to have fun you must take a few risks. My number one advice to my sons is "find a girl who likes to do stuff". Cam.