Author Topic: Kx 100 problems  (Read 3768 times)

kawirider

Kx 100 problems
« on: May 15, 2007, 11:40:11 AM »
hello all...i have a couple of problems with my bike...not big problems but ones that tick me off very much...first off when i start my bike i give it a good 5 to 10 min warm up then i jump on pull the clutch and shift into first...and as soon as i shift into the gear my dirtbike stalls and lurches forward....then i start the bike and it is fine....can any1 help me with this?? Maybe my clutch is going?....2nd problem is that...i havent rode my bike in like 2 weeks because i was waiting for my new sprockets to come in the mail...ever since i started it up and rode it my bike has been smelling like something is burning for some reason other ppl dont smell it but i occasionally smell it...and i more problem is that my bike is very raspy since i started it it really bothers me...so can any1 please help me??? Thanks...and i a 01 kx 100...

Offline KXcam22

Re: Kx 100 problems
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2007, 01:04:02 PM »
kawi,
   What type of oil are you running in the transmission?  It sounds like your plates are glueing themselves together as they cool down after your last ride.   It might be that you need different oil, or if your clutch is slipping while you ride it could be getting hot enough to make the aluminum plates "sticky" so when you finish your ride they "stick" to the fiber plates.  The smell could be rad overflow onto the pipe, also possibly a sign of a hot clutch.  As for the noise it is difficult to tell without hearing it. Hope this helps. Cam.

Offline FuriouSly

• the "Base Camp"
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2007, 04:14:05 PM »
The smell could be rad overflow onto the pipe, also possibly a sign of a hot clutch...KXcam22

Ditto...  burnt clutch oil will smell,  check it.  Also,  maybe a little rodent or bee's have made a nest in your silencer...  will cause a smell and effect the tone and power of the bike.

Agree that the clutch probably needs different oil and maybe steel plates.

Sly

kawirider

« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2007, 02:28:57 PM »
well im gonna repack my pipe...i heard that that should fix it...also as for the clutch i was told that i should pull the clutch in and out a couple of times to get the oil in between the plates....i tryed this worked beautifally shifted into 1st so smoothly....and the burning smell comes only once in a while...for some reason nobody else smells it only i smell it....im using kawi 10w40 in the tranny and mixing my oil at 32:1 with 93 octane and yamalube 2R oil....thanks

Offline MadKaw

« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2007, 04:43:40 AM »
burning smell? have you checked your pants where the pipe is? number plate? gas tank? look around the pipe and check anything close.
Deviate from the Norm!
Father!...The sleeper has Awaken!!!

2001 Harley Sportster xlh1200
'73 Suzuki GT550
'75 Suzuki GT550
'74 Kawasaki Z1 900
'79 Yamaha GT80
'93 KX500*******
'84 Yamaha Riva 180z scooter
08 Q-link Pegasus scooter first new rid