Author Topic: Lowridder foot peg  (Read 1715 times)

Offline kx666

Lowridder foot peg
« on: March 08, 2007, 01:34:11 PM »

has anyone seen or mortified there foot peg to be 2" lower? i have always had trouble with the height of the pegs on my k5 and especially my 99 yz125. I was ridding the same old boots for 8 years (when i was 13 years old) do to no one have any any sizes bigger. I just got some size 16 Tech8's in December and i still cannot ride!! These boots are at least an
~steve

Offline hughes

• Dirt Hammers
Re: Lowridder foot peg
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2007, 05:05:39 AM »
I think you could make something. You would need to make a new left side foot peg bracket ( I beleive yours is bolted on). Should be able to make another right side bracket to be welded on. Look at Kxcam22 gallery he made a left side bracket out of steel stock and new peg brackets. This past weekend I cut my peg brackets off and made some from the drawing in kxcam22 gallery and then welded them on so my 87 500 can run the new style pegs. The welding can be alittle tricky, the frame is alloy steel and the brackets will be steel. Pictures to come.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2007, 05:07:19 AM by hughes »
Open Class 2-Stroke Kawasaki KX500
Yamaha 2005 YZ250
Richard Hughes
Dirt Hammers - Online Off-Road Journal
hughes@dirthammers.com
http://www.dirthammers.com

Offline pepper

« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2007, 03:25:06 PM »
Lowering the peg that much would be a very risky proposition.  You would then be very prone to getting your toes caught up and bashing your pegs into stuff.  Have you adjusted your shifter and brake levers to fit your feet comfortably while you are in the standing/seated position?  Im not sure what you mean when you say the pegs are too high.  How, are you tall?

Offline KXcam22

« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2007, 04:26:08 PM »
KX666,
  I think it would be easiest to mod the pegs. You could cut off the pivot portion of the peg and then fab a drop bracket to reattach the pivot to the peg.  They should still pivot correctly. Might move the pegs outwards 1/2" or so.  I don't think you could drop them more than an inch.  Any more and you would risk bottoming out your feet over large jumps (it really hurts) as your feet might touch down before the frame.  For large feet I think you migh have more luck getting an IMS steel shifter and then lengthening that.   Don't have large feet but I like to run my shifter really high (to keep is out of the way) and shift with my instep instead of my toe.  The KX one only goes so high before you need to modify it a bit. The IMS might be better.  Might work for you.  Hope this helps. Cam.