Author Topic: Any suggestions on how to combat footpeg vibration??  (Read 1484 times)

Offline Polar-Bus

Any suggestions on how to combat footpeg vibration??
« on: October 10, 2006, 04:33:01 AM »
Well up to this point I absolutely love my 5. When MX'ing the vibration really isn't that significant. When I do a lot of high speed trail/dirt road riding, peg vibration is a BIG issue. The pegs will buzz my feet to the point where my arches, and toes go tingly numb. My only logical cure is some bigger boots with some type of "gel" liner ??
01' KX500
'84 GPz1100
'87 GSX-R  750
'06 HD Fatboy
'73 Kawi H1
'03 CRG KX500 Shifter kart

Offline BigGreenMachine

Re: Any suggestions on how to combat footpeg vibration??
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2006, 07:25:03 AM »
Well the pegs are tied into the frame, they pick up their vibration from the frame and transmit the vibes to your feet. So if you deaden the vibes in the frame in theory you would be killing the peg vibes as well. Another thing I was thinking was if you dipped the pegs in that rubber tool handle dip you can buy. Its simply a can of rubber goo that you dip the handle of say a ratchet in, pull it back out, let it dry and then you have a rubber coated handle. Then again the vibes would be sent through the bolt to the pegs so I duno if that would make much difference. Thinking that filling the frame with foam would be the only way to really kill the vibes aside from having your crank trued.