Author Topic: white side panles  (Read 4492 times)

mikesmith

white side panles
« on: May 22, 2003, 10:25:12 PM »
I cant seem to find side panles in white,only green from UFO or Acerbis in my catalogs,and I havent priced them from the dealer for stock ones because Im sure there a lot more.Any one know where to get them mail order by UFO or Acerbis?

woodsy

white side panles
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2003, 10:15:20 AM »
Try E-bay!

rdcjohn

white side panles
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2004, 01:19:45 PM »
Anyone had any luck finding white side panels yet. I am in need of new panels and do not want to repurchase green ones. Thank you in advance.

mikesmith

white side panles
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2004, 04:40:42 PM »
You know I'm still running my old ones,but in my www.motosport.com catalog it says "OEM exact colors" for there plastic kit,KX500 includes- front&rear fenders,radiator shrouds and side panels for$119.95.I havent called to make sure they are white side panels,but if there not then there not OEM exact for the newer 500 as they say in the ad.I do know indivdually they only have green side panels.

teamgreen500

white side panles
« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2004, 05:41:09 PM »
Mike,

The guys at Cycle Salvage in Redding have had white ones on hand in the past. If you're still sticking out on this, call me and I'll get you a set of O.E.M's for a deal.

Manny

Rick

white side panles
« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2004, 03:42:31 AM »
If your side panels are in good shape (not broken) and you're just looking to spruce up your scooter, buy white sheets of background and cut to fit.  This will give you the "new" look without the cost.   This year, I decided to use black background instead of white on my side panels, but the boy still wanted white for his KX125.

Rick

mikesmith

white side panles
« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2004, 06:23:11 AM »
Thanks Manny,mine are splitting.I'm going to get a bigger tank once I have some extra cash and want to replace all the plastic at that time.

rdcjohn

white side panles
« Reply #7 on: February 03, 2004, 08:07:20 AM »
I called Acerbis today they have dropped the KX500 line, they will no longer supply plastic for this particular bike. He said UFO will continue but I cannot find a website for them.

rdcjohn

white side panles
« Reply #8 on: February 03, 2004, 10:03:42 AM »
Well I did even more research and UFO makes a white fender for the 03 and 04 only, Does anyone know why these wont fit an older model. The KX500's have come with white fenders since 1997 and I cannot find one person to sell me a set even OEM from a Kawi dealer. Here is a little history I found.

http://www.kawasakinorthside.com/KX_Museum/500/500.html

teamgreen500

white side panles
« Reply #9 on: February 03, 2004, 06:13:14 PM »
You must mean White Side Panels; HOWEVER!!!!

The White Fenders from the White KDX's of 1989 DO FIT the K5...how's that for Kawi Trivia? (BTW...There where some Red KDXs sold in other markets at that time...and...Blue...)

This looks like a problem that needs to be solved.

Manny

Offline Paul

• Top Dawg
    • KX Riders
white side panles
« Reply #10 on: February 04, 2004, 12:11:10 AM »
rdcjohn. manny is correct on the white fender. That the one i have on my bike.