Author Topic: Who makes custom jet needles?  (Read 2387 times)

Zee

Who makes custom jet needles?
« on: March 30, 2006, 02:09:09 AM »
Hi All, Currently I?m running a Sudco DEF in the 2 clip position and it?s running like I need to drop the needle one more slot and perhaps test a smaller diameter, (slightly rough in the 1/3 range and surging when throttle chopped), pilot; 55 and 1 1/2 turns out. Who makes custom jet needles? In the Sudco, (Kehin lettering system), catalog they don?t show a DGF or DGE and I?m thinking in the infamous ?Jetting again? thread  there?s mention of custom needles. Has anyone ordered custom needles or know who makes them? One more thing if anyone is in the Phoenix area, (I?m in Surprise), I have a TIG welder, and your welcomed to use it, (just bring tribute; ?beer?). :wink:

Offline KXcam22

Re: Who makes custom jet needles?
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2006, 02:16:48 AM »
JD jetting used to make custom needles for the KX500.  I don't think they are listed anymore but he may still have them.  When playing with needles, keep in mind that the low and high end running range of the needle is also influenced by the pilot and main jet.  The jetting influence overlaps in these areas making it tricky to get it exactly right.  If you have any more jetting questions, throw it in the jetting thread and I will respond. Cam.

Offline gowen

• Resident Newbie
  • Global Moderator
  • www.KXRiders.com
Re: Who makes custom jet needles?
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2006, 03:01:54 AM »
Zee, call Sudco. They might have a jet not listed. They are very helpful and were VERY good with directing me to the correct needle. You are going pretty far with the needle. Cam is the expert on Jetting. I just know from his experience helping me with my jetting woes years back. Infact, he was helping me even to the point of breaking my arm workong on that jetting issue. LOL

Learn from example: Start with the pilot and move up to the needle/mainjet. As Cam said, post in the jetting thread and he/I(?) can help you start from the bottom up.