Author Topic: Electric starter options?  (Read 646 times)

Offline rider4christ

Electric starter options?
« on: May 17, 2023, 05:14:49 PM »
Long story short my kick shaft wore through the casing and can no longer hold in place to kick over the engine. Until I find the time, motivation and maybe the money depending on the resolution I’m looking towards rigging up an electric starter.

As most of you probably know they’re all priced over $1,000 - over $2,000. It’s ridiculous because replacing one on a crf230 was only $40 (for the motor) wouldn’t be a lot more for a complete set. I was considering giving into the price, but now I’m hearing bad news about the quality (ex. Panthera brand). Anyone know of any good quality, reasonably priced options or even how to rig one that’s not necessarily made for the 500, but would generate the proper amount of power needed. I don’t know much about electrical work.

Not expecting much, but any suggestions/insight is appreciated.

Thank you!

Offline LongNap

Re: Electric starter options?
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2023, 06:58:10 AM »
I don't, but I wanted to reply and add that I would be interested in knowing what you find out.

Not sure if anything would work without a pressure relief system in place?

Offline rider4christ

« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2023, 08:35:47 PM »
I will definitely let you know what I come across if anything. Would love to share solutions for as many riders as possible.

Offline jeffro351

• " Living the dream"
« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2023, 02:42:05 AM »
a buddy of mine has the panthera kit on a 86 cr500 and it works flawlessly after upgrading the crappy solenoid it came with.
04' kx250f w/ 96' kx500 motor
15' klx 110  (mini me's ride)
98' harley fatboy