Author Topic: kx 65 mods  (Read 5535 times)

motoxjustin

kx 65 mods
« on: November 17, 2005, 01:30:10 AM »
Anyone want to share some sucsesful mods they've made to a kx65. I'm thinking about using a doma exhaust, new sprockets don't know how many teeth yet, and some new reeds. Any thoughts or sugestions?

Offline Paul

• Top Dawg
    • KX Riders
RE: kx 65 mods
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2005, 05:33:23 AM »
SW La huh? That's my old stomping grounds :lol: There isn't much 65 / 85 information here yet, I believe you are one of the only small bike riders. I'd get something like an FMF Rev pipe (not sure if thats available for that bike), some carbon fiber reeds and go up on the back sprocket ~ 3 teeth. That will help that little weedeater out ;)

motoxjustin

Re: kx 65 mods
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2006, 09:15:32 AM »
Renthal sprockets, one up out front one down in rear helped the boy get used to the power band, now I'll probably go back to 13 in front and up a couple in back. Put a DEP Pipe, FMF torque reeds, jets, and now the bike gets it pretty good. Its always something that's needing fixing or adjusting on that lil thing. Got new EBC Clutch and springs and Hot-Rods crankshaft assy ready to go in when needed. Still got stock muffler, thinking about going Pro Circuit Shorty, can't find a DEP to go with pipe, do they make em? They're European or something. Got the pipe on eBay.

motoxjustin

Re: kx 65 mods
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2006, 01:05:43 AM »
Found a DEP silencer in Penn. Wally at 610-444-3725 has DEP exhaust and jet kits for any & every Kx.