Author Topic: Has anybody ever repacked an FMF Powercore Silencer??  (Read 2267 times)

TheCultivator

Has anybody ever repacked an FMF Powercore Silencer??
« on: October 29, 2005, 10:09:18 AM »
I'm wanting to repack my FMF silencer, and after taking the nuts off at both ends the internal pipe still seems to be locked solid. I've put it in the vice, and short of taking a sledgehammer to the thing, it looks like it won't be moving. It's now got me thinking that perhaps these things aren't meant to be repackable. Has anyone else had any experience with these things??, what's the best way to get them apart?

Thanks,

Geoff.

Offline GDubb

RE: Has anybody ever repacked an FMF Powercore Silencer??
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2005, 10:53:12 AM »
I lust repacked mine not too long ago, and I dont remember it being that difficult to get apart.  Can you get either end opened? if so I'd probly just dig the old packing out, then put a wooden dowel or something down in to the other end and tap it out from the inside. They can be stubborn but they do come apart.
Rock it 'til the wheels fall off!

"It's not what you ride... It's who you're riding for!" - www.mxrevelation.com -

TheCultivator

« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2005, 05:55:50 PM »
Thanks for that. I kept at it and I ended up tapping the outer casing off the inner by using a screwdriver and hammer (no sledge hammer needed),

Cheers.

Offline Timbowe

« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2005, 05:16:24 PM »
Getting the old bitch ready for a good old THRASHING on sunday Geoff? Give me a call and we'll hook up for that ride at Opuha? No dust now after all that rain.
KX500
Weapon in the hands of the Master