Author Topic: Riding Pants  (Read 2449 times)

Offline hughes

• Dirt Hammers
Riding Pants
« on: October 09, 2005, 02:57:07 PM »
Hey Guy's I was looking at getting some of these new so called free ride pants. I have been using the standard moto pants but I'm tired of taking care of the muti colors and logos. How does the free ride pants fit compared to the moto pants :?: Most companys that make these pants have the lower legs to fit over your boots is this a good or bad thing :?:I do not run a front sprocket guard. I don't want a real loose fitting pair of pants. Thanks
Open Class 2-Stroke Kawasaki KX500
Yamaha 2005 YZ250
Richard Hughes
Dirt Hammers - Online Off-Road Journal
hughes@dirthammers.com
http://www.dirthammers.com

Offline Arigato

RE: Riding Pants
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2005, 04:05:38 PM »
The free ride pants seem to fit bigger guys better and if you wear knee braces they work well too.  The only problem with them is that they tend to get burned by the pipe a lot easier; making a mess of the pants and your pipe.

Offline hughes

• Dirt Hammers
Riding Pants
« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2005, 03:25:51 AM »
Thanks,  Ever seen a pair of free ride pants that has some kind of heat sheild on the inside of the legs?
Open Class 2-Stroke Kawasaki KX500
Yamaha 2005 YZ250
Richard Hughes
Dirt Hammers - Online Off-Road Journal
hughes@dirthammers.com
http://www.dirthammers.com

Offline Arigato

Riding Pants
« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2005, 04:25:47 AM »
I have a pair and the heat shield material smells funny as it burns.  It takes about 10 min. and a scotch brite pad to get it off my pipe.

Offline Spider

Riding Pants
« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2005, 12:20:40 PM »
I have a pair of Sinisalo ultra dry pants. They have gatered? bottoms, but I took the waterproof liner out because they were too hot.