Author Topic: Pipes poll  (Read 4109 times)

Zombie

Pipes poll
« on: April 14, 2003, 10:30:18 AM »
Who makes the best pipe for Big Green?
Who's pipe makes it hit harder?
Who mellows it out?
Who makes more everywhere?
Who bumps up low end?

-Z

ShanMan

Pipes poll
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2003, 05:07:17 PM »
My personal opinion is the FMF does the best job across the board. Their build quality is fantastic, they have several designs to give you all the effects you asked about, and their stuff is easy to find and buy. Pro Circuit makes a great pipe too, but I prefer the nickle plated FMF. I have the SST on my bike and don't run a carburetor spacer. Therefore, my bike is setup for a pretty major top end hit...and it hits!  :shock:  My only problem was that my bike is a bit old ('87), so the previous owner had to fab some stuff to get an '88 & up pipe to fit. Worked out great!  :) There are pics of the pipe and mods in the gallery FYI.

Offline demographic

Pipes poll
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2003, 07:24:21 AM »
Mine had a Pro Circuit spannie and a home bodged silencer on it when I got it.

I have since chucked the bodged silencer and got a Pro Circuit one.

Errrrr Dunno other than that, Never tried OE stuff or FMF either

sdkx500

FMF Gnarly vs stock
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2003, 08:04:04 AM »
FMF Gnarly boosts torque and smooths the hit.  Doesnt seem to rev as much as stock pipe.  I like it and I would buy it again.

Greenrider

Pipes poll
« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2003, 11:41:59 AM »
FMF gnarly 4 me, made of heavier gauge steel the the rest of the FMF line and gives you more low end grunt. The perfect desert pipe! On another note, I tend to go through alot of pipes from desert racing until I bought a E-Line carbon fiber pipe gaurd. One of the best products I've ever bought for the 500, 25 desert races on the same pipe with the E-Line gaurd and  still not one ding!

kxtaz

pipes poll
« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2003, 12:40:50 PM »
i run the fmf gnarly had good luck with it even thought i crushed my first one now i run a pipe guard check my pipe guard post for a clean mounting system