Author Topic: 1986 KX500 B2 parts  (Read 10270 times)

Offline euroka69

1986 KX500 B2 parts
« on: August 14, 2017, 07:07:27 PM »
Hi everyone I have a 86 KX500 i'm trying to restore but am having a lot of trouble sourcing parts, I need an expansion chamber and rear shock assembly I mean everything, shock, rocker, mounting bolts, linkage and bolts etc. I'm in sydney Australia and any help from other members would be appreciated.

Offline sandblaster

• Global Moderator
    • OEM-CYCLE QUALITY USED PARTS
Re: 1986 KX500 B2 parts
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2017, 02:37:06 AM »
I only have a few parts for the 86 here:

http://stores.ebay.com/OEM-CYCLE/_i.html?_nkw=1986+kx500&submit=Search&_sid=680025

If you decide you want anything, let me know before you buy and I'll see what I can do.

On the pipe, you can use anything for a KX500 newer but you will need to make new mounts.
The four stroke engine: That's one stroke for producing power and three for wearing the engine out.

Offline streetsleeper

Re: 1986 KX500 B2 parts
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2019, 11:57:44 AM »
Hope you got whatever you wanted mate. I can understand your difficulties because I've got an '87 and live in Mexico. People in the States aren't even willing to ship here. I've said to use the postal service and offered to pay all costs etc., but it seems like it's too much hassle for them to use anything other than their usual shippers.
Well, if you have still got your KX ('cause your post was a year and a half ago) I hope you persevered. From what I've seen owners and shops are more likely to break bikes like ours instead of restoring them. Yeah, it's nice to have something different, but all that bloody palaver that goes with these old 'uns makes it a troublesome task.
Good luck mate!