Author Topic: Sean Colliers KX500 Project "I was only going to inspect the top end"  (Read 36612 times)

Offline Brute

• 787 ZA005 GE
Re: Sean Colliers KX500 Project "I was only going to inspect the top end"
« Reply #45 on: November 11, 2016, 07:21:16 PM »
My thought also. First go with a fresh bike? Yeah, I'd say you guys did better than just 'Ok'... Nice Job!
Things Are More Like They Are Today Then They Have Ever Been Before...

Offline Camstyn

« Reply #46 on: November 12, 2016, 04:44:01 AM »
Keep your heads held high boys, it's all about having fun and well, s**t happens.

Hopefully you get some time to test to confirm that the shock fading and lean condition is remedied with the fuel/oil mixture, it sounds strange to me but you guys have forgotten more than I will ever know about these things.

I loved reading the build you guys did on this bike, you sure put a lot of elbow grease into that engine. Very admirable!

Offline sandblaster

• Global Moderator
    • OEM-CYCLE QUALITY USED PARTS
« Reply #47 on: November 12, 2016, 10:01:50 AM »
Thanks!
Yes, I think we have Sean's old bike (The Beast) pretty well dialed in right now...
But it will take some hard runs to verify.

On Sean's new bike I think Jason will end up assembling the engine on the way down there..
13hr 23min Drive time at 869 mi.
I think we will do a bit better time wise but there will still be a lot of assembly time  :lol:

Again, we are down to the wire and will have to break in the engine once we get there, hand it to Sean, and let him race.   Not exactly ideal...
The four stroke engine: That's one stroke for producing power and three for wearing the engine out.

Offline sandblaster

• Global Moderator
« Reply #48 on: November 12, 2016, 03:34:55 PM »
2 weeks till Race day and this is where we are at.
I don't have any engine internals... Or Suspension internals...
And I have to drive 900 miles to get there....  :-o

The four stroke engine: That's one stroke for producing power and three for wearing the engine out.

Offline Foxx4Beaver

• James Stewart DID NOT invent the scrub!!..JoJo
« Reply #49 on: November 13, 2016, 05:19:55 AM »
if you ever wanna get rid of that '01 seat....I'll take it, providing there's no tears in it...just name your price.

Excuse me, ma'am...but you've got extremely nice legs!!!...what time do they open???                                                                                                               https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n8tCgN3aryQ

Offline sandblaster

• Global Moderator
« Reply #50 on: November 13, 2016, 08:15:26 AM »
I don't know about stuff like that.... Oscar?

Offline USMC 500

• Giant Member
  • Sikorsky CH-53E the KX500 of Marine Corps aviation
« Reply #51 on: November 21, 2016, 07:54:02 PM »
if you ever wanna get rid of that '01 seat....I'll take it, providing there's no tears in it...just name your price.

Can't sell you the whole seat but we just had Guts racing rebuild that seat for us.  They replaced the foam and the cover but obviously had to use the seat pan.  They should be sending me back the seat cover that came off.  If they do and it isn't destroyed you can have it if you want.   :-)
I once heard my buddy Bill ask Danny Hamel after a race....
"How can someone who looks like a high school band tuba player go so d**n fast on a bike?!"

Offline Foxx4Beaver

• James Stewart DID NOT invent the scrub!!..JoJo
« Reply #52 on: November 22, 2016, 06:05:30 AM »
Can't sell you the whole seat but we just had Guts racing rebuild that seat for us.  They replaced the foam and the cover but obviously had to use the seat pan.  They should be sending me back the seat cover that came off.  If they do and it isn't destroyed you can have it if you want.   :-)

I'll keep that in mind....thanks!
Excuse me, ma'am...but you've got extremely nice legs!!!...what time do they open???                                                                                                               https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n8tCgN3aryQ

Offline moreccsthanlbs

« Reply #53 on: November 23, 2016, 06:25:26 AM »
Any intentions of runnin' the Big 6 GP series? I'm debating on which 500 to run...my KX or my CR (af)...Best of luck on the next race

Offline USMC 500

• Giant Member
« Reply #54 on: November 23, 2016, 04:29:31 PM »

I'll keep that in mind....thanks!

I'm sorry brother.  Guts racing damaged the cover as they were removing it. 
"How can someone who looks like a high school band tuba player go so d**n fast on a bike?!"

Offline USMC 500

• Giant Member
« Reply #55 on: November 23, 2016, 04:30:46 PM »
Any intentions of runnin' the Big 6 GP series? I'm debating on which 500 to run...my KX or my CR (af)...Best of luck on the next race

I have spoken to Sean about the Big 6 series and he has expressed interest in it however there aren't any plans yet to race the series.  Trying to get him out to Adelanto for the first round.