Author Topic: KX85 rear brakes  (Read 3986 times)

Offline Bobshipley

KX85 rear brakes
« on: February 21, 2016, 10:36:20 PM »
I have a 2003 KX85 and the back brakes don't stop the bike very well.  Fronts work fantastically but the back brakes don't really have any stopping power, just slows it a little.  I rebuilt the rear master cylinder and bled the brakes and the pedal has good pressure and there aren't any leaks.  The pads have about 3 mm of pad life left.  Does anyone have any ideas of what I can do to bring the rear brakes back to life again?

Offline Foxx4Beaver

• James Stewart DID NOT invent the scrub!!..JoJo
Re: KX85 rear brakes
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2016, 10:51:06 PM »
sounds like the caliper needs to be taken apart, and thoroughly cleaned....and make sure the pins are nice and smooth with no grooves...otherwise you'll need to get new pins too.
Excuse me, ma'am...but you've got extremely nice legs!!!...what time do they open???                                                                                                               https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n8tCgN3aryQ

Offline Foxx4Beaver

• James Stewart DID NOT invent the scrub!!..JoJo
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2016, 04:50:28 AM »
also be sure the line/hose is in good shape, and not collapsing.
Excuse me, ma'am...but you've got extremely nice legs!!!...what time do they open???                                                                                                               https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n8tCgN3aryQ

Offline sandblaster

• Global Moderator
    • OEM-CYCLE QUALITY USED PARTS
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2016, 06:56:03 AM »
The four stroke engine: That's one stroke for producing power and three for wearing the engine out.