Author Topic: Brought home new Kx80  (Read 8995 times)

Offline Rollingmenace

Brought home new Kx80
« on: August 03, 2015, 05:07:11 AM »
I've been looking for a bike to give the wife as a surprise so she can join me on the trails... (She allready rides quads,atc's and a ninja 250 on the street) I think the 80 wil have plenty of power and fit her well as she is 5-2 and 145 in full trail gear

Well I found one on Craigslist is was listed as a 97 but after the two hour drive to look at it turns out it is a 92...  But from what I can tell 91-2001 or so are basicly all the same...
The bike was in pretty good shape had new rear tire.. Chain and sprocket... Also had a complete rebuild on motor top and bottom with receipts last winter  po said maybe 8-10 hours on bike after build... Bike has some scuffs in plastics small tear in seat cover and a small seal leak in fork..

I gave 650 which I think was fair... What do you all think...

We're going on a camping and riding trip with a group August 15 and I plan on having it there as a surprise for her when she gets there... I'll post pics later it's sitting in the bay at my work I'll do the work on it and keep it there untill I leave for the trip

So far I'm planning on cleaning and detailing bike ... I've ordered new clutch and brake levers for it.. also new rebuilt forks.. New seat cover.. New fork boots.. And new custom tank shroud graphics and number plates... Also picking up a stealthy flywheel weight this week to hopefully tame it down a bit lol..

I can't wait to surprise her with this bike and I hope she is as excited as I am lol

Offline Foxx4Beaver

• James Stewart DID NOT invent the scrub!!..JoJo
Re: Brought home new Kx80
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2015, 05:46:58 AM »
$650 is a fair price...providing everything works, and it shifts in and out of every gear as it should.
I don't expect it to be perfect, a few needed repairs is to be expected.

Post up some pics so we can all gok at it :evil:
http://www.kxriders.com/forums/index.php/topic,10040.0.html
Excuse me, ma'am...but you've got extremely nice legs!!!...what time do they open???                                                                                                               https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n8tCgN3aryQ

Offline Rollingmenace

« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2015, 08:12:17 AM »

Offline Foxx4Beaver

« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2015, 08:14:40 AM »
that thing's extremely clean for 23 years old!...nice find.
Excuse me, ma'am...but you've got extremely nice legs!!!...what time do they open???                                                                                                               https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n8tCgN3aryQ

Offline Rollingmenace

« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2015, 08:32:47 AM »
Mechanicly it's in great shape minus bad fork seals and things like clutch and brake levers .. Otherwise it runs shifts and stops great... I was really impressed on how this thing pulls the wheel between 1-2 2-3 even with my big a$$ on there

Offline Rollingmenace

« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2015, 05:50:37 PM »
Just picked up a brand new stealthy flywheel weight form a guy in Denver for the bike should make a nice addition and really help her down low... The rest of the parts should be showing up this week and expecting the decals next week sometime... This sucker should really turn out nice

Offline Brute

• 787 ZA005 GE
« Reply #6 on: August 03, 2015, 06:56:15 PM »
Looks great! Nice find!
Things Are More Like They Are Today Then They Have Ever Been Before...

Offline Foxx4Beaver

« Reply #7 on: August 04, 2015, 07:17:38 AM »
so who did you decide to get the graphics from?

Offline Rollingmenace

« Reply #8 on: August 04, 2015, 08:14:15 AM »
Went with DeCal works nothing super crazy just a couple of her favorite colors.... I went with tank shrouds and number plates.. No fender or fork cover graphics...
This is what their gonna look like but with her number and name on them
It seems to be a little more expensive going that route but heck you only live once

Offline Rollingmenace

« Reply #9 on: August 04, 2015, 08:15:59 AM »
Gonna run a purple seat cover and fork boots seat cover is in mailbox at the house I'll get that done as well as the flywheel weight Thursday after work

Offline Foxx4Beaver

« Reply #10 on: August 04, 2015, 08:21:54 AM »
$60 is a good deal for the graphics!...DeCal Works does nice work too.
Definitely post up some pics when it's finished!

Offline Rollingmenace

« Reply #11 on: August 05, 2015, 11:06:23 AM »
New seat cover done and new rebuilt forks just showed up today I should have it done by the end of weekend

Offline Foxx4Beaver

« Reply #12 on: August 05, 2015, 11:08:10 AM »
nice job on the cover....looks wrinkle free 8-)

Offline DoldGuy

« Reply #13 on: August 05, 2015, 01:42:28 PM »
+1, I am a fan of the purple KX's.
Its Never too Late to Have a Happy Childhood!

Offline Rollingmenace

« Reply #14 on: August 06, 2015, 03:47:35 AM »
ive always thought the green and purple kx's looked pretty good..... It just happens to work out that Leslies favorite color is purple.. So it works... I'm excited to really see the graphics and how it all looks together....