Author Topic: 93 engine rebuild, help needed  (Read 2578 times)

Offline alexander-vmann

93 engine rebuild, help needed
« on: July 29, 2015, 07:51:21 AM »
history (should you be intressted  :wink: )

so here is the story, im 19 and i wanted a 500 ever since i found out they existed, i started riding kx250f when i was 15 wich i traded for a 2013 mod when i was 17,

but in the begining of this year when we was in the mowing process i found and ad on norway equivelant of craigslist, for a 94 kx500 (turned out to be 93) and the guy wanted to trade for a 4 stroke so naturally i graped the opperntunetiy for my dream bike,

and whit the bike followed a spare engine wich was in parts in a box(wich i belive to be the original engine)

so recently i found out the engine in my bike is actully a 87 mod and not in such a good shape so i would like the restore the original engine to it's former 90's glory,

problem is, i don't know enough about dirt bike engine's to but it back together and i would really appriceate any help and pointer tips etc anyone has to offer, i got a few pictures from the parts i got

other then that i know im missing a few parts such as clutch assembly gaskets ALL the engine bolts an exhaust valve perhaps, and the impeller
KX 500 newbie

my bike: 1993 kx500

Offline sandblaster

• Global Moderator
    • OEM-CYCLE QUALITY USED PARTS
Re: 93 engine rebuild, help needed
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2015, 08:36:45 AM »
Well buddy... There is nothing cheap about what you want to do.
Most of the cost is parts... very little labor cost in comparison....
To save all you can you should do it yourself.
I know many guys here will help you all they can myself included.
But, before you get started.... Get a Service manual
Here is one in PDF format for 4 dollars

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Kawasaki-KX500-1988-2004-Workshop-Service-Manual-PDF-/271483566379?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_2&hash=item3f35ae792b&vxp=mtr

Ad up your parts cost before you start throwing money at it.
I think with a good service manual and the help of all the guys here you should be able to pull it off.
The four stroke engine: That's one stroke for producing power and three for wearing the engine out.

Offline Foxx4Beaver

• James Stewart DID NOT invent the scrub!!..JoJo
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2015, 09:20:59 AM »
and I thought the Candyman was gonna take charge on this one :-P
Excuse me, ma'am...but you've got extremely nice legs!!!...what time do they open???                                                                                                               https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n8tCgN3aryQ

Offline alexander-vmann

« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2015, 10:09:00 AM »
here is all the parts i got

KX 500 newbie

my bike: 1993 kx500