Author Topic: OEM silencer repacking?  (Read 2677 times)

Offline edgar_kx3

OEM silencer repacking?
« on: June 27, 2015, 01:16:32 PM »
Im sure someone has repacked the Oem silencer. On the oem parts list it shows 2 premade things of packing, over 70 bucks a piece. Wondering if normal old packing would be ok?

Offline b4himdude

• You gotta love to tinker
Re: OEM silencer repacking?
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2015, 01:25:12 PM »
ive always repacked my silencer with the cushion(packing) i by at the cycle shop for like 15 bucks.i have never had any issues with that. as long as you get all of it on the outside of the baffle and none gets through and impedes the airflow.  if thats what youre asking.
hell ,i,m so broke . if it cost a nickle to take a s**t, id have to puke.....

Offline Foxx4Beaver

• James Stewart DID NOT invent the scrub!!..JoJo
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2015, 02:01:40 PM »
there's several good aftermarket guys selling packing,
I've been using this...great stuff.

https://www.rockymountainatvmc.com/p/905/54023/FMF-Premier-2-Stroke-Silencer-Packing?term=silencer packing
Excuse me, ma'am...but you've got extremely nice legs!!!...what time do they open???                                                                                                               https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n8tCgN3aryQ

Offline edgar_kx3

« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2015, 02:09:05 PM »
yea ive been waiting for a few weeks for fmf to get me a silencer. it was on back order and I guess there in no hurry to build more. was debating on trying to modify a Q stealth, was going to repack my stock one for now just because.

this is for a 300, I think you could cut the mounts off and reweld them. then use a part of the 500 silencer for fitment to the pipe.
I think it would make a good looking silencer.

Offline Foxx4Beaver

• James Stewart DID NOT invent the scrub!!..JoJo
« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2015, 02:16:49 PM »
you could definitely cut the mounts off and relocate them...
have you tried looking at any of the other places such as MotoSport, Rocky Mountain, BikeBandit, etc to see if they have any FMF silencers in stock?
Excuse me, ma'am...but you've got extremely nice legs!!!...what time do they open???                                                                                                               https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n8tCgN3aryQ

Offline edgar_kx3

« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2015, 02:24:35 PM »
you could definitely cut the mounts off and relocate them...
have you tried looking at any of the other places such as MotoSport, Rocky Mountain, BikeBandit, etc to see if they have any FMF silencers in stock?

no I am sponsored by fmf so I get a lot better deals direct from them. was trying to buy one of the 2.1 titanium ones but I guess there not available yet. may call and cancel my order Monday and try the Stealth out.

could care less about the spark arrested part just be cool not to have the same old silencer that they have made for 20 years.