Author Topic: Dyno Graphs  (Read 3144 times)

Offline GDubb

Dyno Graphs
« on: May 06, 2005, 11:38:36 AM »
I dont recall seeing a post pertaining to this so hopefully I'm not asking an old question.... but has anyone ever seen or know where to find dyno graphs comparing a Pro Circuit exhaust and FMF exhausts? I found quite a few cracks in the welds on my FMF Burly and am considering getting a whole new set-up. I will be doing most of my riding at the dunes and want to get a pipe/silencer that will help get the most power out of the entire rpm range.
Rock it 'til the wheels fall off!

"It's not what you ride... It's who you're riding for!" - www.mxrevelation.com -

Offline gowen

• Resident Newbie
  • Global Moderator
  • www.KXRiders.com
Dyno Graphs
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2005, 03:24:06 AM »
It really sounds like you should have the engine ported, but the FMF Fatty pipe is more than likely the best pipe for overall power. If you are riding dunes, wouldn't that assume you are going to need alot of top-end power, which FMF also makes a desert pipe (which I am still enjoying today :-) ) that rocks the house in top-end hit. I have no experience with Procircut.

Offline GDubb

Dyno Graphs
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2005, 06:00:38 AM »
I was leaning towards the FMF Desert pipe. I was considering the Pro Circuit pipe because I see most of the pro supercrossers running them like Ricky, Bubba, etc. so I figured it must be a good pipe, but then again, I dont spend much time on a track.  I will save the porting for when its time for a new top-end which wont be for quite a while since this thing seems to be in tip-top shape and in reality, it makes plenty of power for me.  I just wanted to get the best pipe for the money. Thanks for the info!
Rock it 'til the wheels fall off!

"It's not what you ride... It's who you're riding for!" - www.mxrevelation.com -

TheCultivator

Dyno Graphs
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2005, 10:15:07 PM »
I just rode 2 KX 500's today, 1 with an FMF and one with a pro circuit. In my opinion the Pro Circuit was a mid-range pipe that came on real strong, while the FMF had a much broader band of power with a better top end, not quite as strong on the bottom. I prefered the FMF.

mikesmith

Dyno Graphs
« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2005, 06:38:39 AM »
Wich FMF?The fatty?

Offline Arigato

Dyno Graphs
« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2005, 06:40:52 AM »
The Gnarly Desert.

mikesmith

Dyno Graphs
« Reply #6 on: June 05, 2005, 06:48:52 AM »
Thanks!I run the PC MX,never got to try the FMF.

Offline Timbowe

Dyno Graphs
« Reply #7 on: June 05, 2005, 11:34:31 AM »
For finish quality, best power spread the Gnarly has to be the one. The difference between the two is night and day stuff. Pro circut has not much down low then comes on with a big mid range hit on the 04. The 92 with gnarly v force and spacer [wich seems to me to be THE answer] pulls from zero to well up into a reasonable top end. Just keep on chucking the gears at it. It loves to pull like a school boy.
 I am going to set the 04 up the same way. It will be the perfect machine for every occasion.
KX500
Weapon in the hands of the Master

delusionised

Dyno Graphs
« Reply #8 on: June 06, 2005, 06:29:52 PM »