Author Topic: My 96 KX 250  (Read 11378 times)

Offline gowen

• Resident Newbie
  • Global Moderator
  • www.KXRiders.com
My 96 KX 250
« Reply #15 on: April 22, 2005, 03:10:40 AM »
In my personal experience, the stock silencer is very quiet compared to most, you can buy slip on spart arrestors from Sparky (denniskirk.com) or pro circut spark arrestor is quiet too. I read from a fellow on here (Doordie) they make a silencer called a hush puppy. But never seen it here in the states.

Offline gowen

• Resident Newbie
  • Global Moderator
  • www.KXRiders.com
My 96 KX 250
« Reply #16 on: April 22, 2005, 03:12:06 AM »
Oh yes, repack the silencer you have, it makes a huge diffrence in noise and gives alot more power. On my YZ250, the pro circut is the quietest. I was thinking 500, but for a 250, I believe it is the quietest so far as I know of.

mikesmith

My 96 KX 250
« Reply #17 on: April 22, 2005, 07:49:55 AM »
The Hush Puppy is from the 1980's,dont think I've seen it around since.FMF Q-series, Pro Circuit type 296, or as gowen said the stock silencer with a  "Sparky" add on spark arresters should be quiet.Use high temp silicone on all the joints and a wrap around aluminum or carbon fiber pipe guard will help cut a little noise.You could also fabricate a tip for the end of the silencer that aims towards the groud ,that will help.Try repacking the stock silencer first,if its still to loud dont get a spary (its not going to cut much noise),instead try the FMF or P.C. silencer and go from there with the other ideas.

mxrider503

My 96 KX 250
« Reply #18 on: April 24, 2005, 05:59:22 AM »
Thanks guys.  The silencer I have, I was told was relativley new. Like last year purchase. I will try repacking it and see how that works. Then I will put some research into fmf silencer as I have an fmf fatty gold pipe now. Why not remain constant? thanks
-brian