Author Topic: Anyone have a 2006-2013 kx100/85  (Read 3058 times)

Offline 351mustanger

Anyone have a 2006-2013 kx100/85
« on: January 03, 2015, 05:06:54 AM »
Hello, I am just finishing up a 2007 kx100 build. The bike was in very poor condition when I got it, but it has been through a total transformation. I have a small bug to work out and am hoping someone on here can give me the info that I need. The kill switch does not work but all the wiring checks out. The switch works properly, but it will not stop the engine. My suspicions at this moment are a faulty cdi (or the wrong model year cdi), or someone has tampered with the cdi connector on the harness (moving the wires to the wrong spots on the connector). Or maybe a combination of these things. I am wondering if anyone on here can give me the wiring colors and what places they go in the connector and if anyone knows how to decipher the numbers on the cdi to tell what year or displacement engine it matches. I have a factory service manual, an owners manual, and a clymer manual. These all have wiring diagrams but do not give a detail as to which wires connect to which pins on the cdi. Any and all help will be appreciated.

Offline 351mustanger

Re: Anyone have a 2006-2013 kx100/85
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2015, 11:10:33 AM »
For the next guy with the same or similar problem: I replaced the cdi and the kill switch now works as it is intended to. Apparently the cdi was faulty or from the wrong model year.

Some pics