Author Topic: KX500 Factory Green Color Changes???  (Read 3835 times)

Offline SkyFighter

KX500 Factory Green Color Changes???
« on: January 02, 2015, 04:10:00 PM »
Can anyone give me the run down on span of years and different tones of green. I just grabbed an '01 KX5 and its kind of a dull green compared to a '94 I looked at. The '94 was much more vibrant/neon almost looking.

Also between the aftermarket plastic companies what are the tones of green like? Are they true to certain years or just their own green altogether

Also looking at the parts microfiche. If you look up say a 2001 front fender and reference the part #, it says it fits like all the kx's from 93-04 (smokers). Does this not take into account color and just about fitment? if I ordered one what color would I be getting, the most modern tone of green?

any info is greatly appreciated! thanks

Offline thekelzer

Re: KX500 Factory Green Color Changes???
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2015, 05:31:04 PM »
Yes, please someone help...

Also, what color is the UFO plastic greens? They offer two I think...

Mahalo and Aloha,

KK

Offline Foxx4Beaver

• James Stewart DID NOT invent the scrub!!..JoJo
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2015, 02:11:02 AM »
They offer two I think...

first I've ever heard of it....their part #'s are all the same from 88-on for their green stuff.
why don't you give them a call...they're really cool friendly people to speak with, and I'm sure they can clarify anything for you.

http://ufoplasticusa.com/new/index.php
Excuse me, ma'am...but you've got extremely nice legs!!!...what time do they open???                                                                                                               https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n8tCgN3aryQ

Offline Foxx4Beaver

« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2015, 03:00:36 AM »
Can anyone give me the run down on span of years and different tones of green.

if no one on here knows, call your Kawie dealer...they should have that info on file.
I've been using UFO for over a decade...their plastics have a very nice bright glow to them...and in my opinion, are stronger than OEM and Acerbis.
I've never used Poli-Sport or Maier plastics...I've been far too happy with UFO to want to try anything different....but those are other options you can look into as well.
Excuse me, ma'am...but you've got extremely nice legs!!!...what time do they open???                                                                                                               https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n8tCgN3aryQ

Offline motopunk

• www.der-motopunk.de.tl
« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2015, 07:22:39 AM »

if no one on here knows, call your Kawie dealer...they should have that info on file.
I've been using UFO for over a decade...their plastics have a very nice bright glow to them...and in my opinion, are stronger than OEM and Acerbis.
I've never used Poli-Sport or Maier plastics...I've been far too happy with UFO to want to try anything different....but those are other options you can look into as well.

ufo plastics is still the best quality you can get...  2. place is maier 3. acerbis..... 
big 2 stroke bikes are weapons for real men, who don´t fear death or devil. ;O)
´83 kx250, ´87 kx250 (with 360 big bore), 87 kx500, ´93 kx500 sfc

---  www.der-motopunk.de.tl  ---

Offline jcm3

« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2015, 09:28:53 AM »

I use UFO as well for side panels and such.  Do you feel that anything is stiffer than OEM for fenders?  Seems like lots of the aftermarket stuff leaves a lot to be desired, and the fenders flop around a bit with any mud on them.

Just curious about your experience.
2000 KX500 - Tom Morgan motor, RG3 suspension, EBC oversized front brake rotor - lots-o-fun

Offline Foxx4Beaver

« Reply #6 on: March 06, 2015, 11:13:22 AM »
I use UFO as well for side panels and such.  Do you feel that anything is stiffer than OEM for fenders?  Seems like lots of the aftermarket stuff leaves a lot to be desired, and the fenders flop around a bit with any mud on them.

Just curious about your experience.

stick with UFO on everything, unless you don't mind paying a little extra for the OEM that really gives you no better quality.
the only piece of plastic that I run differently is the mud/shock guard...I run the OEM guards because they're stronger/more pliable than the aftermarket...and I myself like the looks of the white OEM over the black aftermarket, but that's personal preference.