Author Topic: KX 65 Clutch pulling when hot  (Read 3426 times)

Offline Brad5150

KX 65 Clutch pulling when hot
« on: October 14, 2014, 03:25:36 AM »
I just bought a KX65. I had to put a water pump seal in it. Now it wants to pull while in gear with the clutch in. If you rev it up , it will stop pulling until it goes back to idle. It seems to get worse as the bike warms up. The guy I bought it from used ATF oil in it, but I put 10w 40 in it since that is what the manual called for. I have tried adjusting the clutch and it does not seem to help. I don't know if it did this before, it won't pull with me on it but will with my son on it.   

Offline ironmike

Re: KX 65 Clutch pulling when hot
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2014, 11:52:17 AM »
Your clutch plates may be stuck together . sounds like plates are shot if it doesnt move with you on it and does with your son.would have to take apart and inspect.sometimes they free themselves up on there own after riding a bit. If good shape try soaking them in oil for couple hours then re install. Make sure seperater plates are free of grime.

Offline Candyman

• I love hot zombie chicks
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2014, 12:25:59 PM »
Amsoil is good if you have had trouble with sticky plates.

Offline Foxx4Beaver

• James Stewart DID NOT invent the scrub!!..JoJo
« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2014, 12:35:33 PM »
Amsoil is good if you have had trouble with sticky plates.

+1
all I use these days.
Excuse me, ma'am...but you've got extremely nice legs!!!...what time do they open???                                                                                                               https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n8tCgN3aryQ