Author Topic: Fork Clickers  (Read 2069 times)

Offline dmazz71

Fork Clickers
« on: October 05, 2014, 12:11:50 PM »
Hello

Can the rebound clickers at the top of the fork be replaced without removing the cap?  They are not stripped, but the previous owner appeared to have tightened them down too many times and opened up the slot on the screw to the point where I would like to replace them.  

Are these usually available or do they make you buy the whole cap?

Thanks
« Last Edit: October 10, 2014, 03:19:28 AM by dmazz71 »

Offline dmazz71

Re: Fork Clickers
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2014, 03:26:35 AM »
Just in case anyone is wondering, you need to replace the whole cap if you want to swap them out.  These screws are not available separately.

On a side note, the K5 is like a bull (trying to buck you off) on the MX track especially if the suspension isn't setup properly.  I don't remember it being this drastic on the other MX bikes I've had, but then again they didn't have 70 horse either.  It has the stock springs and I will be changing those out soon to match my weight (185).  Hopefully I will get another crack at the MX track before they close for the season.

Offline KXDINO

Re: Fork Clickers
« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2014, 07:14:49 AM »
While your at it , getting the right springs is the first step but as with the older bikes suspension some aftermarket piston with spec sheets will help you can do this your self , race tech sell this stuff with the information supplied , skf seals have low friction seals which help performance to .Hope this helps.