Author Topic: Narrow Silencer  (Read 1832 times)

elcliffo

Narrow Silencer
« on: March 17, 2005, 07:22:02 AM »
Hey,  this is my first time posting, been reading posts for a while on this site.
My subframe is slightly bent and when going off jumps my tire brushes against my stock silencer.  I need one anyway with a spark arrestor, and I was wondering if any of you no an after market silencer with spark arrestor that is narrower than the stock one.  Names and Prices would help.

Oh, I have a 2004 Kx500,  bought it in november, went from a 1979 DS250 to it.   I am only 5.4 and 140lbs and every body said it would be too much bike for me, well now they eat my dirt as a rocket up a hill with out having my stubby little legs stab the ground.  They also get a kick out of watching me balance it, when I start it.  2nd kick cold, 1st kick hot.
500's for life.

Offline KXcam22

Narrow Silencer
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2005, 07:29:46 AM »
elcliffo,
  Welcome to the site.  The subframe is fairly easy to straighten.  With the frame on the bike, take off your rear fender and cut a 2x4 to fit between the frame sides (so it doesn't colapse).  Then you can pound on the side with a large rubber hammer to get it back into line.  My hammer is about the size of a coffee can. Hope this helps. Cam.

PS I used to race against a guy who was so short he had to stand on a milk crate on the starting line since he couldn't touch the ground. He anihilated us every race.