Author Topic: K5 I might buy, what do you think?  (Read 5879 times)

Offline dirk_411

Re: K5 I might buy, what do you think?
« Reply #15 on: September 16, 2014, 01:30:50 PM »
Talked to the guy tonight. The frame is older and the motor is a 94. The bike is originally from California and the guy is the 2nd owner. He has never even changed the ownership.   He has hardly ridden the bike says it's sat for nearly a decade.   Has the carb off the bike and is not sure if he will have it running Saturday when we meet! He sounds disappointed he never got to use it over the years. He's military and was bounced around on his posts. He says every aspect of the frame is mint. It sounds like the only issue with the engine is that it needs the kick start lever/boss rebuilt. He was riding it last week to make sure it ran fine. Says the carb was bunged up with old fuel that's why he has,it off soaking in carb cleaner. Thats all I can say without seeing it.

Offline Foxx4Beaver

• James Stewart DID NOT invent the scrub!!..JoJo
« Reply #16 on: September 17, 2014, 07:39:24 AM »
well, if you can hear it run and maybe even take it for a quick rip, I'd just buy a brand new complete kicker for the $100 and call that issue good.
You are gonna wait to do anything until you hear and see it ridden right?.
Excuse me, ma'am...but you've got extremely nice legs!!!...what time do they open???                                                                                                               https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n8tCgN3aryQ

Offline dirk_411

« Reply #17 on: September 19, 2014, 02:20:03 PM »
I'm going to see it with the understanding it will be running.   I'm thinking if it ain't running I'd lower the asking price