Author Topic: good looking k5 top end on eBay  (Read 5978 times)

Offline vagassasson

good looking k5 top end on eBay
« on: August 05, 2014, 05:20:38 AM »
http://m.ebay.com/itm/331280826509?nav=BUYING_BEST_OFFERS

I don't normally see these for this cheep but I don't need any more so if someone else needs a top end this looks pretty good

Offline sandblaster

• Global Moderator
    • OEM-CYCLE QUALITY USED PARTS
Re: good looking k5 top end on eBay
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2014, 06:02:08 AM »
Yep. saw that one this morning.
Looks to be in decent shape and appears to be completely stock, but we can fix that  :evil:
The four stroke engine: That's one stroke for producing power and three for wearing the engine out.

Offline Foxx4Beaver

• James Stewart DID NOT invent the scrub!!..JoJo
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2014, 07:48:32 AM »
I saw that one last night too...I've actually been thinkin about buying a brand new cylinder to do  something different...still tryin to talk myself into it.
Excuse me, ma'am...but you've got extremely nice legs!!!...what time do they open???                                                                                                               https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n8tCgN3aryQ

Offline sandblaster

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2014, 07:58:18 AM »
Oh.... what do you want to do?
The four stroke engine: That's one stroke for producing power and three for wearing the engine out.

Offline Foxx4Beaver

« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2014, 08:09:42 AM »
Oh.... what do you want to do?

spend another $8K :-P...still deciding...but it will consist of a square bore/stroke, but for specific uses to swap back and forth...because I still LOVE my big bore kit!
I already bought new power valves back in January for future planning...so something is destined to happen eventually :-D
Excuse me, ma'am...but you've got extremely nice legs!!!...what time do they open???                                                                                                               https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n8tCgN3aryQ

Offline Foxx4Beaver

« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2014, 10:17:04 AM »
...or, I roll the dice and buy a complete motor off e-bay, and just build it, to what I want(once I decide)...if I go this route, it'll be far easier and quicker to just swap complete motors too :-D

Offline sandblaster

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: August 05, 2014, 11:16:04 AM »
Yep.
I already started my next build for my SM...
I will build the bottom end to perfection seeing as how I am going to go a little nuts with the top end... Or something like that.

Offline Foxx4Beaver

« Reply #7 on: August 05, 2014, 11:23:58 AM »
it's so d**n addictive!...I'm constantly buying something...
what I'm really holding out on, is that hopefully a decent running K5 hits e-bay/craiglist, relatively close to me, and the seller isn't looking to get a gold bar for it.

Offline sandblaster

• Global Moderator
« Reply #8 on: August 05, 2014, 11:32:17 AM »
There is a 03 about 100 miles from here... Looks good in the pics but it is in a rural area...
Trying to make a deal on it :-)

Offline vagassasson

« Reply #9 on: August 05, 2014, 11:05:36 PM »
Well I made the guy an offer of $200 and he accepted it so if anybody needs it I will have a backup on my shelf

Motorrad

« Reply #10 on: August 06, 2014, 12:39:11 AM »
Look like a crack in the exh bridge (right side inner) in picture 9 to anyone else?

Offline vagassasson

« Reply #11 on: August 06, 2014, 05:19:01 AM »
I did notice it so I payed with PayPal so if there is one I will refute the charge.  He did say in the description that it would be perfectly fine to run the way it is

Offline sandblaster

• Global Moderator
« Reply #12 on: August 06, 2014, 06:27:58 AM »
Since the item was "Used" and not "For parts only" You can turn it in as a "Item not as described" The seller is on the hook for everything including return shipping regardless if they had a warranty or not and regardless if they take returns or not.
eBay is finally putting the squeeze on bad sellers to make good.
Hopefully this will start to weed out the bad sellers...

Offline vagassasson

« Reply #13 on: August 14, 2014, 01:25:02 AM »
so turns out there is a crack in the exhaust port bridge. I got the seller to knock another $100 off of the price because of it. My next question is who should I have do a port job on it before I get it bored and replated. Looking to make a lot more power with this top end. So if anyone has a recommendation for a port job let me know  :-D

Offline Foxx4Beaver

« Reply #14 on: August 14, 2014, 09:00:43 AM »
who ever you have repair the crack....be sure to thoroughly inspect it when you get it back!!
I'm not gonna go into the NIGHTMARE details I went through...but it wasn't fun at all sending out my cylinder 3 times until it was done right, all because of sheer laziness and lack of inspection before it was sent back to me each time.