Author Topic: Galfer Brakes and Rotors (Discs)  (Read 2204 times)

teamgreen500

Galfer Brakes and Rotors (Discs)
« on: February 20, 2005, 11:36:32 AM »
I do get a deal on these; however, this is an opinion based on beatin' my stuff up on my K5 AND(!) my big pig of a Thumper "Dual-Sporter".

They're an OEM supplier for just about everyone...from Braking to Kawasaki to the Yoshimura Suzuki Road Racing Team.

They make things one way:
Right.

I've been running their stuff for about 4 years. Their "Wave" rotors are awesome and look pretty cool, too.

I've been running both their pads and Kawi's on these rotors. The results are about the same.

Copper Kawi's are a lot like Galfer "Green" pads. Get whichever is cheapest.

Their "Wave" rotors work as well as Kawi's "SR500 kit" rotors (Nissin Works parts).

I'm writting this after riding 2 up in some ugly, wet, water-crossing infested Mountains that are really just a giant stack of Rocks!

My brakes AND my tires had me AMAZED!

Manny

jdv500

« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2005, 12:43:58 PM »
team grn,
what type and name of tires are you running, for those wet rocks.? i got the same terrain here in ala. thanks, jdv

Offline demographic

Re: Galfer Brakes and Rotors (Discs)
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2005, 04:24:26 AM »
Quote from: teamgreen500
I do get a deal on these; however, this is an opinion based on beatin' my stuff up on my K5 AND(!) my big pig of a Thumper "Dual-Sporter".

They're an OEM supplier for just about everyone...from Braking to Kawasaki to the Yoshimura Suzuki Road Racing Team.

They make things one way:
Right.

I've been running their stuff for about 4 years. Their "Wave" rotors are awesome and look pretty cool, too.

I've been running both their pads and Kawi's on these rotors. The results are about the same.

Copper Kawi's are a lot like Galfer "Green" pads. Get whichever is cheapest.

Their "Wave" rotors work as well as Kawi's "SR500 kit" rotors (Nissin Works parts).

I'm writting this after riding 2 up in some ugly, wet, water-crossing infested Mountains that are really just a giant stack of Rocks!

My brakes AND my tires had me AMAZED!

Manny

I currently have a 320 mm Braking wave disc on the front of mine and have noticed that Galfer discs seem to look exactly the same as mine, would I be right in thinking that they make the discs for Braking?

Pretty brutal setup but I am going to try using a Brembo caliper for my road wheels and keep the Nissin caliper for offroad with the normal disc and normal master cylinder.

teamgreen500

« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2005, 10:25:25 AM »
Answers:

Tires: As I've blabbed on several ocassions-I love the IRC VE32 up front....works good EVERYWHERE and works well/responds to Air-Pressure adjustments. Also, survives the street pretty darn well!
Out-back in the wet and ugly stuff...like Bama! I really like Michelin's S series tires...for the really wet and slimmy...

Sir Demo,

Yes Sir, as I understand it, Galfer (Spain) makes all/most Braking Products for Europe...where as "Some" Braking U.S. products are made by Galfer U.S.

Your Ugly Cousin from the other-side of the Pond,

Manny :D