Author Topic: anybody heard of Power Now?  (Read 4839 times)

Suicycle

anybody heard of Power Now?
« on: January 28, 2003, 12:51:25 PM »
something neet i saw used in the feb issue of dirt bike.  i figure if they make one for the beast i need it.  just wandering if it is new or if anyone has one?

NVR-FNSH

« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2003, 06:42:34 AM »
Check www.thumpertalk.com - lot's of discussion in the YZ400 & WR400 forums.  I don't know anybody running them on a 2 stroke.

Brian

JAYFARMLAW

« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2003, 06:25:48 AM »
I have a dirtbike, Transworld motorcross, or motcross action somewhere that tested them on a 2 stroke.  Supposed to make throttle response quicker, run smoother,  and you can run leaner.  The write up was very positive.

I put a v-force in an am pleased.  I think the Power Nows are close to $100.  I got my v-force for 129 delievered and love it.  Makes a HUGE difference in the way the KX hits.

I think I have seen the same thing as the PN's in dennis kirk for around $30.

I know a v-force makes a huge difference,  I have heard that a spacer makes a big difference as well, as far as the PN goes-  Try one and let us know!!!  I will try and find the magazine and let you know the issue.

Good Luck,

Jay

mikesmith

« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2003, 10:33:27 PM »
They sell Power Now at Motosport.com for $89.95.I would like to try Pro Actions Vortex carb mod.Its supposed to increase power through-out by increasing fuel velosity.Any one tried this?It cost $80.00 to bore the grooves in your carb.

ctodd

« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2003, 04:07:04 AM »
Jay, what kind of differance does the v-force make in power delivery?  Does it smooth out the hit.  Does it give more throttle response?  Is it difficult to install, any intake boot mods?  What year is your bike.  I have a 87 and am looking for more low end and to smooth out the hard hit.  Thanks.

Offline Paul

• Top Dawg
    • KX Riders
« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2003, 04:33:33 AM »
It make loads more power everywhere. If you want a great big bottom end add that with a $20 Moose reed spacer and you're golden. I added a 14oz Stealhy and thought I was riding a John Deere in the tight stuff and was reminded that wasn't the case when it opened up a little :lol:
Quote from: ctodd
Jay, what kind of differance does the v-force make in power delivery?  Does it smooth out the hit.  Does it give more throttle response?  Is it difficult to install, any intake boot mods?  What year is your bike.  I have a 87 and am looking for more low end and to smooth out the hard hit.  Thanks.

There is a trade off though, you have to modify the intake boot and then hold on real tight cuz this thing just starts pulling to the moon and you'll back off before it backs off :wink:

mikesmith

« Reply #6 on: March 09, 2003, 09:03:33 AM »
The guys on the Thumpertalk site are making there own PowerNows, whos going to try to make or buy one first for the KX500?Im wondering how good it is.

moburki

« Reply #7 on: March 10, 2003, 03:52:13 AM »
i've heard about the PN. what is it, and what does it claim to do?
mo

mikesmith

« Reply #8 on: July 08, 2003, 09:49:19 PM »
Well I got around to making my own "Power Now" and rode with it today.It seems to help throttle response every where in the power band,it felt like it was easier to pull 5th gear out of a corner on some fire roads.It also helped my gas milage as you lean out the jetting with it,I would say it was as big a differance as the V-Force was when I first put it in.Im going to try to lean it out a little more and see how it runs nekt week.