Author Topic: trail-tech enduro computer, anyone.???  (Read 4586 times)

jdv500

trail-tech enduro computer, anyone.???
« on: February 03, 2005, 04:26:41 AM »
hello guys,
i'm seeing more and more of these trip computers, they make them for our bikes, all yrs kx500's. has anyone mounted and tested this system and what are your thoughts towards this.?
i see that they are durable, waterproof and seem to have a great hardware package, ok, thanks , jdv

Offline demographic

Re: trail-tech enduro computer, anyone.???
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2005, 06:48:51 AM »
Quote from: jdv500
hello guys,
i'm seeing more and more of these trip computers, they make them for our bikes, all yrs kx500's. has anyone mounted and tested this system and what are your thoughts towards this.?
i see that they are durable, waterproof and seem to have a great hardware package, ok, thanks and good riding... jdv

I have one of those :)

Not fitted it yet :wink:

I got one then spotted THESE which tells you your speed,revs,gear,quarter mile times, milage, works out your horsepower, how many Gs you are pulling away at, tripmeter,lap times and a wole load of other stuff that I can't be arsed to write down :lol:

As i use my bike on the road the fact that it might not be quite as durable as a Trailtech should not matter as much.

just got to save up the 180 odd quid for one now.

Offline John

• http://www.hallbergs.net
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2005, 07:05:43 AM »
I wrote a review about the trailtech,  still pleased with it  :D

//John

jdv500

« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2005, 08:18:14 AM »
look at the link that demo attached,
looks really advanced, some competing model,but i'm just days away from getting the trail-tech.
jdv

Offline machine

« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2005, 12:26:34 PM »
I had one on a quad, and loved it.
I plan on getting one on my bike now.

Rick

« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2005, 01:44:36 PM »
I purchased one early 2004.  Worked fine for about two months until I went down in a creek.  Apparently, these are not as "water proof" as one would hope.  The thing never worked right again, so I tossed it in the nearest garbage.  For my money, an $18 mountain bike computer worked better, lasted longer, was smaller, and doesn't get me too upset when I have to replace.  The last one I had on my bike lasted three years.

Rick

jdv500

« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2005, 02:05:19 AM »
rick, did the sensor get submerged in a creek or did the computer itself get wet.? thats a shame that it went bad on you. i'm still looking for comments and web-reserching on this. cause i'll definately be in a number of creeks, see this site's album.... thanks again. jdv

Offline machine

« Reply #7 on: February 04, 2005, 05:29:54 AM »
I use mine in heavy rain, and left it on several times when washing the bike with zero problems.
Not that I would completely submerge it in water.
But that computer mentioned had to have been destroyed do to it being completely submerged.  
I think it?s advertised as just water resistant, not water proof.
You can completely submerge the sensor with no problems.

Rick,
I was thinking of doing the same with the bicycle computer.
Would I have any problems mounting it with the upside-down forks???

jdv500

« Reply #8 on: February 04, 2005, 05:53:19 AM »
as i read that i was thinking the same, water res, not absolute water-proof. thats cool, looking into here, and will move on it soon, thanks, jdv

Rick

« Reply #9 on: February 07, 2005, 12:45:10 PM »
Actually, I have installed several on upside down forks.  The only thing required is to add some length to the wire (using the same gauge as original).  I also snake the wire through a clear plastic tube and tape it to the brake line to make sure everything slides well.  With the magnet, I just epoxy the magnet inside one of the holes on the brake caliper (one that does not go through the grake pads.

Rick

Offline wreck-n-roll rik

« Reply #10 on: November 14, 2008, 04:20:59 PM »
The ones I see say for a 1995 or newer KX, what is different on my 1994 that I can not use it or can I?

Offline serafin

« Reply #11 on: November 14, 2008, 04:32:37 PM »
You should have no problem using one for a 95 and up as they are pretty much universal.  The only difference between one for the KX250 and one for the KX500 is the length of the sensor wire. 

Serafin