Author Topic: 93 KX250 tips,tricks and mods????  (Read 8833 times)

Offline staffylad

Re: 93 KX250 tips,tricks and mods????
« Reply #15 on: April 20, 2014, 08:01:24 AM »
cheers they don't make them anymore so ther hard to come by ,amazing how much of a difference repackin your silencer makes like,dont think people realise ,al repack myne every few months now a think keep that nice clean power  :lol:

Offline chipped tooth

« Reply #16 on: April 23, 2014, 07:18:11 AM »
Well this is what I have done so far.
Fresh bore to 68.50mm one of the previous owners had a sleeve installed.
I cleaned up the exhaust port and matched the sleeve to ports that I could reach, raised exhaust port 1mm and widened it 2mm.
Intake side I matched the ports to sleeve and opened up the lower intake ports quite a bit
Smoothed everything out also, not polished though.
I couldn't get tho transfer port openings cause all my porting stuff is for automotive app.

I have a carb on the way from a 91 KX500  PWK 39mm or 39.5 it's not here yet.
I could use some jetting advice if anyone has ran a bigger carb on one.

The stock pipe has a few small dents but otherwise in decent shape, probably gonna use air pressure and heat to remove the dents.
Any known tricks for the stock silencer? Mine the guy attempted to repack it but it all blew apart.
I think with a next size up tap and some new screws and thread lock it should work again.

What's a good set of reads for my app? Mine have a chip and hang open all the time, they look like a dual stage set.... Boysen? Idk

Foxx let me know what shipping is, I would like to see the difference between the pipes.

Offline staffylad

« Reply #17 on: April 24, 2014, 09:46:28 AM »
ive got an 94 stock silence on myne but havin trouble tryin to get it to fit my fmf gold series like,oils sprayin out the joint in the middle.tried wrappin some ali around but still been coimin out,dont wanna change it to new one like cos I prefer some oldskool stuff esp my silcencer think the oldskool ones look better

Offline chipped tooth

« Reply #18 on: April 24, 2014, 02:45:34 PM »
Mine has original pipe and silencer but silencer is in poor shape.

I like the look of the little elbow sticking out of silencer so I might try and find a new one or aftermarket one of similar design.

Once Foxx gets back to me on the 94 fatty I will do a back to back test on the 93 with stock vs aftermarket.

Right now compared to my 82 RM250 it's midrange is crazy, I need more seat time though. Terrain was really wet grass and mud, been raining for 2 days now.

Offline staffylad

« Reply #19 on: April 24, 2014, 06:47:09 PM »
class I love myne like,i wanna keep it oldskool asmuch as I can,might go for vintage graphics next year after ive worn the menace ones out but thatl take awhile lol ,ive got a few jobs to do on myne before nxt race,need new pads nd hoses etc..wer you been riding like chipped tooth anywhere good .

Offline chipped tooth

« Reply #20 on: April 26, 2014, 07:51:07 AM »
I have just been riding around my place, mostly trails and such.
Really wet and soft with the snow melting. The old D752 still works good though.
I wonder if the D952 works as good as the old D752?
I'm gonna wait till it gets a bit warmer out and just spend a day jetting LOL
I haven't herd much even on Thumper forum.