Author Topic: Loose back wheel  (Read 4509 times)

Offline Shane3004

Loose back wheel
« on: April 08, 2014, 09:05:23 AM »
Wel lads have a 96 kx250, and theres a play side to side in the back wheel, changed wheel bearings and not much differents, could the shaft (axle) be wore? Also how long should swingarm bearings and bushings last? Cause i put new ones in about 3 months and used the bike about twice a week, and thers play up and down already? Used all ball racing bearings?
Take her handy! If shes handy take her twice!! :)

Offline TJXK

Re: Loose back wheel
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2014, 02:03:23 AM »
Have you checked the link and shock bearings?  It should be easy to isolate what is and isn't loose with it up on a stand.

Offline Foxx4Beaver

• James Stewart DID NOT invent the scrub!!..JoJo
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2014, 05:26:10 AM »
spacers?
Excuse me, ma'am...but you've got extremely nice legs!!!...what time do they open???                                                                                                               https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n8tCgN3aryQ

Offline alward25

« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2014, 06:20:46 AM »
spokes?
"Let there be light"

Offline Shane3004

« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2014, 10:55:32 AM »
Ok so took off back wheel, put new set of bearings in, and when the wheel was stil off i put the axle threw it and theres a play inbeteen the axle and the inside of the bearings. Worn axle??

Offline sandblaster

• Global Moderator
    • OEM-CYCLE QUALITY USED PARTS
« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2014, 12:44:36 PM »
The four stroke engine: That's one stroke for producing power and three for wearing the engine out.

Offline motopunk

• www.der-motopunk.de.tl
« Reply #6 on: April 09, 2014, 03:14:24 PM »
Ok so took off back wheel, put new set of bearings in, and when the wheel was stil off i put the axle threw it and theres a play inbeteen the axle and the inside of the bearings. Worn axle??

is the play still there after tightening the rear axle ?? when yes, you need a better one to eliminate this problem..
big 2 stroke bikes are weapons for real men, who don´t fear death or devil. ;O)
´83 kx250, ´87 kx250 (with 360 big bore), 87 kx500, ´93 kx500 sfc

---  www.der-motopunk.de.tl  ---

Motorrad

« Reply #7 on: April 09, 2014, 03:51:21 PM »

Wrong bearings?

Offline Foxx4Beaver

• James Stewart DID NOT invent the scrub!!..JoJo
« Reply #8 on: April 09, 2014, 09:18:59 PM »

you should be able to feel a ridge or concaved area where the bearings ride on the axle if it's that worn.
Excuse me, ma'am...but you've got extremely nice legs!!!...what time do they open???                                                                                                               https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n8tCgN3aryQ

Offline Shane3004

« Reply #9 on: April 10, 2014, 09:20:41 AM »
Ok lads thanks for that, i,ll let ya no wat the out come is, mean time keep them up on the back wheel, baaaaaaaaa!!! :)