Author Topic: kx 250 94 top end rebuild (agen)  (Read 9196 times)

Offline Foxx4Beaver

• James Stewart DID NOT invent the scrub!!..JoJo
Re: kx 250 94 top end rebuild (agen)
« Reply #15 on: March 25, 2014, 03:48:18 AM »
I likes a good head polishin me self. :-D
Excuse me, ma'am...but you've got extremely nice legs!!!...what time do they open???                                                                                                               https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n8tCgN3aryQ

Offline Foxx4Beaver

« Reply #16 on: March 25, 2014, 09:09:25 AM »
bores looking like its nickel so I might just get away with rubbing it down and putting a new piston in

I would find out what your current piston to cylinder wall clearance is, and have the inside of the cylinder measured, before just "rubbing it down and putting in a new piston". The pics of your cylinders plating are questionable whether it needs to be re-plated or not.
I'm not sure what the maximum/minimum service limit wear is on the 94, but you should be able to call your Kawie dealer for that, or you might find that info on here.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2014, 11:33:16 AM by Foxx4Beaver »
Excuse me, ma'am...but you've got extremely nice legs!!!...what time do they open???                                                                                                               https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n8tCgN3aryQ

Offline staffylad

« Reply #17 on: March 26, 2014, 05:20:05 AM »
 thanks beaver always helpful m8 i love this site,im gonna take the bore to armstrongs tomorrow get it inspected id rather have it doner right before I waste more money on parts,rather do a tiptop job quality time took is where the passion is lol  :wink:

Offline Foxx4Beaver

« Reply #18 on: March 26, 2014, 08:20:04 AM »
im gonna take the bore to armstrongs tomorrow get it inspected id rather have it doner right before I waste more money on parts

there ya go!!....let us know how things go and what you find out.

Offline staffylad

« Reply #19 on: March 27, 2014, 11:15:03 PM »
barrels nickel plated so its getting honed and top end kits on order jst putting a mitaka in good enuff if you look after it,i think wit throttle stickin on etc its just rove the arse off it but that should be ok now ive replaced the carb kit ,ive rebuilt the whole bike nearly lol im gonna order a new coil aswell I don't think its been replaced since 94  :roll:

Offline staffylad

« Reply #20 on: March 29, 2014, 08:12:03 AM »
new carb kit in,took ages to find the parts,from Netherlands ,found out needles from a gas gas 250.. :roll: