Author Topic: Companies that support public land closure in Idaho  (Read 3579 times)

Offline alward25

Companies that support public land closure in Idaho
« on: November 21, 2013, 12:57:41 PM »
These folks take in a ton of cash from places a lot of us shop.  In a way we may fund our public riding area being shut down.  It talks about winter but it is just the start of extending into summer if it isn't already.  If these companies support this organization in Idaho, where else are they helping fund area closures? See link attached.
They make it sound nice with "Winter Wildlands Alliance’s mission of promoting and preserving winter wildlands and a quality human-powered snowsports experience on public lands."  
They also boast success in Yellowstone.  Just the facts, I will leave name calling to others.

http://winterwildlands.org/our-partners/corporate-partners/

We all need to fight to keep our favorite spots open.  While we are out riding and having fun, others are whining. :cry:

Here is a list of other activist groups in other states.

http://winterwildlands.org/our-partners/grassroots-network/
« Last Edit: November 21, 2013, 01:01:54 PM by alward25 »
"Let there be light"

Offline ID KX500

• Life, Liberty, and The Pursuit of Happiness
Re: Companies that support public land closure in Idaho
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2013, 03:43:18 PM »
Yellowstone is ruined for family fun on snowmobiles. Disabled and people with health conditions are blocked from the back country because of these selfish people seeking anti-motorized recreation.
"Endeavor to persevere."

Offline TJXK

« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2013, 06:26:05 PM »
Here in Oregon it's the cranky old people that live near the dunes, and the enviros trying to save some bird like the snowy plover that should have went extinct already.

Offline sandblaster

• Global Moderator
    • OEM-CYCLE QUALITY USED PARTS
« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2013, 07:57:34 PM »
Here in Oregon it's the cranky old people that live near the dunes

+1
People move to the coast and build a nice home on the boundary of a ATV riding area.
Then they get mad when they can hear it.
We don't tell them tough luck, we move the boundary to encroach on our ever diminishing riding area.
So you have the same amount of people riding in a smaller area so injuries go up.
It seems the goal is to make it crowded, dangerous, impossible to conform to sound checks, and to much hassle to do it.
In other words they are saying bye...
Thank goodness for Winchester Bay where they actually encourage riders by making it easier..
The four stroke engine: That's one stroke for producing power and three for wearing the engine out.

Offline 81cr450

« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2013, 12:39:48 PM »
That is a great point , dont financially support people who take our riding areas. I would send an email as well though just to let them know your not shopping there & why

Here in Utah we have SUWA, southern utah wilderness aliance, they even try to protect dirt mold. Seriously "dirt mold" Granted its a live organism, but how stupid of an excuse can you get .
if I only had a pair, I could actually ride this thing

& to the people I like  FYYFF

Offline TJXK

« Reply #5 on: November 22, 2013, 05:36:33 PM »
dirt mold  :lol:  They are really grasping at straws on that one.

Offline 81cr450

« Reply #6 on: November 23, 2013, 12:33:45 PM »
Its cryptobiotic soil , protected in national park areas only as of now, but

If crushed by boots, jeep, ATV or mountain bike tires, horses, livestock, etc. it can take decades for the crust to recover.  - See more at: http://visitingtheancients.com/blog/2010/03/cryptoendangered-dirt/#sthash.y2wQwYql.dpuf

On vast tracts of federal land, no such protection exists. I camped on BLM land and saw the dirt bikers, being the young rebels that they are, who felt no compunction about zipping anywhere they pleased. Signs that prohibited entry were simply broken off.

Crap like this ^^ is taking its toll & cutting back on local riding terrain

It is cool looking & I'm all for protecting defenseless life forms but when you think of coverage theres no way it all could be ridden over
if I only had a pair, I could actually ride this thing

& to the people I like  FYYFF

Offline alward25

« Reply #7 on: November 23, 2013, 03:08:33 PM »
dirt gets moldy because in does not get ridden on.  What do we do when food molds?  Endangered dirt, what will they think of next?
"Let there be light"