Author Topic: tank size  (Read 5239 times)

Offline conbread

tank size
« on: August 30, 2013, 02:28:19 AM »
hey guys how big of a take can u run in the alum frame 500s.. i was thinking of doing a conversion but i need a tank i can run 2 hrs on...

Offline nikabele

Re: tank size
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2013, 01:52:10 PM »
I am currently doing my build with a 3.2 gallon Ims tank.  I have a Shorty spark pug so the tank can drop in all the way in.

Offline Twosmokerfan

« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2013, 11:45:01 PM »
I have run a 16 litre (not sure how many gallons) with a ohlins / scotts steering dampner and get around 3.5 hrs of hard thrashing on fire trails. This one can be a bit big across the radiators, but you get used to it.

TSF

Offline ID KX500

• Life, Liberty, and The Pursuit of Happiness
« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2013, 03:07:14 AM »
I have run a 16 litre (not sure how many gallons) with a ohlins / scotts steering dampner and get around 3.5 hrs of hard thrashing on fire trails. This one can be a bit big across the radiators, but you get used to it.

TSF

That should be 4 gallon. Can you post a picture?
"Endeavor to persevere."

Offline Twosmokerfan

« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2013, 07:03:57 AM »
No worries. I am back home on the weekend and will take a picture.

TSF

Offline Twosmokerfan

« Reply #5 on: November 10, 2013, 08:22:47 PM »
As requested.

You will have to forgive the fact it is dirty.  It gets used.

I changed to the standard tank on the weekend and I must admit, i never really thought how much wider it made the bike, but after riding the day on a thinner tank, it is a bit of a difference.  Not too much, but very noticeable.

It uses a standard plug and I can get the plug in and out without tank removal.  No problems accessing the carby or the top of the head.  It runs a scotts/ohlins steering dampener with an underbar mount.

TSF

« Last Edit: November 10, 2013, 08:27:02 PM by Twosmokerfan »

Offline ID KX500

« Reply #6 on: November 11, 2013, 04:22:18 AM »
As requested.

You will have to forgive the fact it is dirty.  It gets used.

I changed to the standard tank on the weekend and I must admit, i never really thought how much wider it made the bike, but after riding the day on a thinner tank, it is a bit of a difference.  Not too much, but very noticeable.

It uses a standard plug and I can get the plug in and out without tank removal.  No problems accessing the carby or the top of the head.  It runs a scotts/ohlins steering dampener with an underbar mount.

TSF

That is nice. Is it made to fit CRFX's??? I have never seen one listed for KLX.
"Endeavor to persevere."

Offline Twosmokerfan

« Reply #7 on: November 11, 2013, 08:39:21 AM »
Hey Mate,

This one is specifically for the KLX.  You can buy others from Acerbis.  See link from "the Bay"

http://www.ebay.com.au/sch/i.html?_odkw=acerbis+klx450&_osacat=0&_from=R40&_trksid=p2045573.m570.l1313.TR0.TRC0.Xacerbis+klx450+tank&_nkw=acerbis+klx450+tank&_sacat=0

I decided to buy the clear one for obvious reasons.

TSF.

Offline ID KX500

« Reply #8 on: November 11, 2013, 08:41:34 AM »
Hey Mate,

This one is specifically for the KLX.  You can buy others from Acerbis.  See link from "the Bay"

http://www.ebay.com.au/sch/i.html?_odkw=acerbis+klx450&_osacat=0&_from=R40&_trksid=p2045573.m570.l1313.TR0.TRC0.Xacerbis+klx450+tank&_nkw=acerbis+klx450+tank&_sacat=0

I decided to buy the clear one for obvious reasons.

TSF.

Thanks,,, I did not know about this.
"Endeavor to persevere."