Author Topic: Hello From Southern Cali!  (Read 1937 times)

Offline MeanGreenMachine

Hello From Southern Cali!
« on: August 07, 2013, 01:11:16 PM »
Sup guys... New guy with a new to me KX500. Only been out for one good ride so far, but I'm already addicted to the brutal power this thing makes! I'm not all that experienced of a rider, but found the power to be very predictable, easy to control, and never lacking, no matter what gear you're in, or how steep a hill you're going up!

I'll be watching and reading about all the tricks to repair and maintain one of these bikes... Gonna be fun.

Offline sandblaster

• Global Moderator
    • OEM-CYCLE QUALITY USED PARTS
Re: Hello From Southern Cali!
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2013, 01:25:11 PM »
Welcome to the forum MeanGreenMachine.
You found the right site to feed your K5 addiction  :-o
Post some pics so we can check out your ride.
The four stroke engine: That's one stroke for producing power and three for wearing the engine out.

Motorrad

« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2013, 01:44:15 PM »
Where in socal?  Us socal boys are a social bunch

Offline MeanGreenMachine

« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2013, 01:45:23 PM »
Addiction seems to be the right word... Been out on a couple proper rides and have fallen in love with this thing. Unfortunately, it looks like I'll be spending more time fixing and less time riding until I get the bike sorted out.

I'm in Santa Clarita, not far from the junction of the 14 and the 5. Guess I could have done worse when it comes to access to good riding places!

Offline USMC 500

• Giant Member
  • Sikorsky CH-53E the KX500 of Marine Corps aviation
« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2013, 01:41:15 PM »
I'm in Tehachapi just about an hour or so north of you (depending on the route you take).......Like Motorrad says we SoCal boys are a very social bunch of fellas......We get together once in a while for fun camping/riding trips.  My only prerequisite, don't be crazy, grumpy, dramatic or ego driven.......

If you don't fall under any of these categories make sure you keep an eye out on the events section for California rides.  Welcome to the party. :wink:
I once heard my buddy Bill ask Danny Hamel after a race....
"How can someone who looks like a high school band tuba player go so d**n fast on a bike?!"