Author Topic: New member with an old KX500  (Read 2053 times)

Offline jrotten99

New member with an old KX500
« on: June 12, 2013, 05:02:35 AM »
My name is John, been surfer this forum for a while and have gotten lots of good info on the KX500 here. I have a old 86 KX that was in sad, sad shape when i got it. Appeared to have been left outside to rot for a quite a few years before i picked it up. Only reason i bought it was the engine runs really well and seems pretty tight. Have been having an issue with the left fork seeping oil, after putting new bushings and a second seal its time for a new fork tube. I contacted Mike at OEM-CYCLE and he had the parts I was looking for at a great price. Really fast service, thanks Mike i really appreciate it. Plan on going through the engine but that will wait till next spring. Anyway i appreciate all the knowledge and info everyone here has contributed to. Couple pics of the old pig.

Offline cbrfrenzie

Re: New member with an old KX500
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2013, 05:51:50 AM »
Hello and Welcome!  That is a nice looking bike there, I like the green side panels with louvers, what years came like that anyone know?   :mrgreen:

Offline Foxx4Beaver

• James Stewart DID NOT invent the scrub!!..JoJo
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2013, 09:28:59 AM »
welcome jrotten99....that's a pretty clean lookin 86,enjoy it.
we're all blessed to have a member such as Sandblaster on here....I have yet to actually purchase anything from him,but his customer service is unbeatable!!
Excuse me, ma'am...but you've got extremely nice legs!!!...what time do they open???                                                                                                               https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n8tCgN3aryQ

Offline jrotten99

« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2013, 09:30:01 AM »
These are aftermarket replacement. The originals were solid. It didn't bother me at all as the original plastics were roached. Look at the kits and you will see them. The graphics are from reproduction decals. Everything I have ever got from them is top notch.
http://www.nightmare-racing.com/index.htm
« Last Edit: June 12, 2013, 09:33:16 AM by jrotten99 »