Author Topic: First bush ride on the KX  (Read 4990 times)

Offline GTiR1080

First bush ride on the KX
« on: May 02, 2013, 10:59:34 AM »
Out riding with a few friends last weekend. First good length ride on the KX500. Had more footage but most of it ended up being useless because it was very dusty. Each time we have rode out at this area we have had one of the bikes break down but thankfully no problems at all this time. Except for one of the other boys taking a bit of a digger over a small log while riding this trail. No harm done though.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UaBQcMCgzfc

Offline GTiR1080

Re: First bush ride on the KX
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2013, 08:29:09 PM »
Raced a pony express enduro on the KX500 a few weeks back. This video was from the first lap. Pretty awesome to be able to just blow past alot of the big 4 bangers the instant you hit a half decent straight stretch.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A_LlDRE09Uw

Offline sandblaster

• Global Moderator
    • OEM-CYCLE QUALITY USED PARTS
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2013, 02:41:51 AM »
Nice to see a K5 given the go  :lol:
I was checking out your other video's.
I love the dirt Kart racing.
Looks like a lot of fun.
The four stroke engine: That's one stroke for producing power and three for wearing the engine out.

Offline GTiR1080

« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2013, 03:16:04 AM »
Yeh the dirt karts are great. Been racing them since i was old enough to in 93.
I was the only one running a 500 of any sort that day. The 500 was getting a bit hard to hang on to by the end of the day. That might be due to my fitness though  :roll:

Offline sandblaster

• Global Moderator
    • OEM-CYCLE QUALITY USED PARTS
« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2013, 03:51:09 AM »
The K5 is not known for being gentle on out of shape riders.... I know...  :-D
The four stroke engine: That's one stroke for producing power and three for wearing the engine out.

Offline Danger4u2

• Administrator
  • KX500 is Danger4u2 Returning from light speed pic.
    • KXRiders.com
« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2013, 04:43:34 AM »
Enjoyed the videos.  What did you hit in the 2nd video @ 25:50?  Looked like a pucker moment.

Plus one.....started back on this to get the legs ready for the Nov. dual sport ride we do each year.

KX 500 Rider

Offline Foxx4Beaver

• James Stewart DID NOT invent the scrub!!..JoJo
« Reply #6 on: July 22, 2013, 08:24:22 AM »

hmmmm.....I actually find the 250 to be more of a physically demanding bike to ride...after riding a 500 as my primary bike the last 2 years for track and trail...I find I have to absolutely pound the snot out of the 250 to get any kind of fun and enjoyment out of it...which in return,tires me out much quicker.
Excuse me, ma'am...but you've got extremely nice legs!!!...what time do they open???                                                                                                               https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n8tCgN3aryQ

Offline GTiR1080

« Reply #7 on: July 22, 2013, 04:25:26 PM »
Enjoyed the videos.  What did you hit in the 2nd video @ 25:50?  Looked like a pucker moment.

There was a small rocked that was wedged hard into the ground. Heaps of guys hit it. One guy got thrown off his bike and they had the ambo out there looking after him for a short time. Thankfully he wasnt seriously injured.