Author Topic: KLX 140L down to a KX 100  (Read 8174 times)

Offline Dragondude

KLX 140L down to a KX 100
« on: May 01, 2013, 10:57:14 AM »
Hey guys, Jake here. I have a 09 KLX 140L. The seat stands at 31in, I fit it perfect. It's a 4-stroke and doesn't have the power I want. I'm about 5'6 and weigh 130lbs. The KX 100 sits about 34in. In general, would this be a good upgrade? I'm looking to trade my KLX for one, just getting some opinions from more experienced 2-stroke and or kx 100 riders.
Pin it to win it!

Offline motopunk

• www.der-motopunk.de.tl
Re: KLX 140L down to a KX 100
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2013, 02:22:55 PM »
I would advise you to a KX125.  :wink:
big 2 stroke bikes are weapons for real men, who don´t fear death or devil. ;O)
´83 kx250, ´87 kx250 (with 360 big bore), 87 kx500, ´93 kx500 sfc

---  www.der-motopunk.de.tl  ---

Motorrad

« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2013, 04:19:51 PM »
kdx200

Offline Dragondude

« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2013, 03:49:05 PM »
kdx200

I thought about that. From what I've seen, the KDX's don't have flat seats. As long as the rear of the seat isn't curving up like the 91 Kx then I would happy to get one and it's already a trail designed 2-stroke which is perfect for my propery. I also thought about doing the KX125 project and swap the engine for a KDX engine.
Pin it to win it!

Offline don46

« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2013, 02:54:19 AM »
I bought my wife a KLX140l, she likes it for the electric start and the good power, granted it isn't a speed demon but a great little bike with good torque. I put KX100 forks ans shock on hers, not that it necessarily needed it. prior to that I had built a KDX/KX hybrid for her and I think if she spent time on it she would like it but for the few times she rides the KLX is probably fine. I think the KX100 isn't noticeably strionger than a 80 both are pipey, if your going to ride around your property the KLX might be a better choice, have you removed the air box lid and installed a pipe, they run pretty good if you do, of course you will have to jet up.
Live today, for tomorrow may never come

Offline Dragondude

« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2013, 03:19:20 AM »
I bought my wife a KLX140l, she likes it for the electric start and the good power, granted it isn't a speed demon but a great little bike with good torque. I put KX100 forks ans shock on hers, not that it necessarily needed it. prior to that I had built a KDX/KX hybrid for her and I think if she spent time on it she would like it but for the few times she rides the KLX is probably fine. I think the KX100 isn't noticeably strionger than a 80 both are pipey, if your going to ride around your property the KLX might be a better choice, have you removed the air box lid and installed a pipe, they run pretty good if you do, of course you will have to jet up.

Naw man. I don't have a job hence no cash :( I'm starting to get used to riding a 2-stroke in the woods, I just need it less pipey and less quick. My problem with the KLX are 2 things. 1. The engine isn't exciting nor fun, but with a gearing change its gets the job done well. 2. I'm starting to get rougher and crazier riding and the suspension is soft. The way my Dad is, he isn't going to help grind the linkage or whatever to put the rear shock in. (I'm not talking bad about my Dad, I don't have the money to fix things so he ain't going to mess them up hehe) I don't have the job to buy me a 250 4stroke or to mod this bike. I like the 2t bc of power and there cheap on CL but don't wanna wrap myself around a tree in the semi tights woods I ride in. I like my KLX bc I can keep on the throttle while riding. With the 2-stroke its gas it, let it roll, gas it, let it roll. Lol so I want the best of both worlds which isnt possible. So I think I'm gonna opt with a 125, if I get a job b4 then, I'll try modding my KLX. Since I'm so short (5"6) I like I can lay my bike down in a corner and not fear dropping it while I can't do that on the big bikes. Plus it's light and nimble through the woods. And why did I just make the wall of text to explain something so small?  :oops:
Pin it to win it!