Author Topic: The new Guy!....Sorta  (Read 6196 times)

Offline Dragondude

The new Guy!....Sorta
« on: May 01, 2013, 05:48:47 AM »
Hey guys, Jake here!. I'm 16 and I ride green!  :mrgreen: Haha, you already know that but here's my story. I started riding around the age of 5 with my Dad on a Honda ATC 125. Then when I was about 8 or 9 I got my first bike, a Yamaha PW 50. After We moved from the city-ish out to the country, my Dad bought me a Kawasaki Bayou 250 utility ATV. I had long sold my PW 50 and was waiting to get a new dirt bike. My dad surprised me in the summer of 10" with a brand new 2009 KLX 140L 4-stroke. We have about 100 acres between my parents and my sis full of trails. Now here's where the KX comes in. Before I was born my Dad bought a 1991 KX 250 in about 94". I always sat on it while I was little and he occasionally took me on it. in 2012 or 2011 I got my first ride on it. That was my first 2-stroke I rode by myself. I was impressed...until I rode a 01 YZ that had compression and good rings in it lol. the KX smokes...a lot and has a bad rear hub. Ever since I saw his KX as a kid I fell in love with the KX line and Kawasaki's in general. I don't like my Dad's bike do to the fact of the weird seat curves from the 90's and the fact im only 5'6  :x I'm thinking of giving up my KLX 140 thumper and get a KX of some sort for the woods. Any suggestions? Thanks guys and remember..... RIDE GREEN OR GO HOME! Haha  :-D
Pin it to win it!

Offline Ims Roll

• Ride safe, Ride hard
Re: The new Guy!....Sorta
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2013, 09:09:45 AM »
love the enthusiasm, always loved green as well but i'm not only directed towards kawi however. sometimes you can't forget about other brands or else you'll be like a metal mulisha bro at the track that says nothing will ever beat a (fill in bike brand)

welcome to the site buddy, nice to no longer be the youngest guy on here.

If your looking for a kawi built for the woods i'm sure everyone on here will agree with me on this, the Kdx is the ultimate weapon in the woods. however you are 16 and based off my past you'd rather be on a spunky aggressive bike VS a mild less aggressive trail bike. But HEY lucky for you the world is filled with awesome motorcycles and it dosnt really matter what you pick, theres some guys on here that ride there kx500 as a trail bike, kx250s kdx's ect ect.

My opinion find a bike you like and make it into what ever you want.
The 2-smoke runs deep in this one...

Offline Foxx4Beaver

• James Stewart DID NOT invent the scrub!!..JoJo
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2013, 09:14:50 AM »
theres some guys on here that ride there kx500 as a trail bike.

I'm one of em....and actually prefer the 500 for the woods!
Excuse me, ma'am...but you've got extremely nice legs!!!...what time do they open???                                                                                                               https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n8tCgN3aryQ

Offline Ims Roll

• Ride safe, Ride hard
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2013, 09:16:36 AM »
theres some guys on here that ride there kx500 as a trail bike.

I'm one of em....and actually prefer the 500 for the woods!

like i said, does not matter what the bike is, it's all about the rider/bike relationship haha

Offline Ims Roll

• Ride safe, Ride hard
« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2013, 09:18:55 AM »
haha fox i can't say to much as i live in las vegas flat desert, don't do very much woods riding, but spend a lot of time on the top end of high gears across g outs and whoops.

Offline Foxx4Beaver

• James Stewart DID NOT invent the scrub!!..JoJo
« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2013, 09:22:30 AM »
Unfortunately I don't have any kind of desert out here in Eastern Mass.. :x....just wide open whooped out power lines...and fairly large sand pits that're constantly changing from the digging.
Excuse me, ma'am...but you've got extremely nice legs!!!...what time do they open???                                                                                                               https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n8tCgN3aryQ

Offline Ims Roll

• Ride safe, Ride hard
« Reply #6 on: May 01, 2013, 09:25:33 AM »
Sounds a whole lot better then living in a concrete city with no dirt to be seen nor ride on.

Offline Dragondude

« Reply #7 on: May 01, 2013, 10:52:02 AM »
love the enthusiasm, always loved green as well but i'm not only directed towards kawi however. sometimes you can't forget about other brands or else you'll be like a metal mulisha bro at the track that says nothing will ever beat a (fill in bike brand)

welcome to the site buddy, nice to no longer be the youngest guy on here.

If your looking for a kawi built for the woods i'm sure everyone on here will agree with me on this, the Kdx is the ultimate weapon in the woods. however you are 16 and based off my past you'd rather be on a spunky aggressive bike VS a mild less aggressive trail bike. But HEY lucky for you the world is filled with awesome motorcycles and it dosnt really matter what you pick, theres some guys on here that ride there kx500 as a trail bike, kx250s kdx's ect ect.

My opinion find a bike you like and make it into what ever you want.

Yeah, I meant that as a joke about the riding green or go home. I own a Honda 200x ATC. I don't have any problem riding any brand really. Thanks for the advice. I'm not as crazy as some people but I'm getting there :) It's just since I'm so short, a big bike is to much, but a small bike is not enough without dumping loads of money which i don't have (I'm looking for a job :(  ) With my KLX, I can lay it down in a corner, or take it anywhere without fear of dropping it. But with the bigger bikes, I can't throw them down in a corner or go as many places because it's not in my comfort zone. My nike is about 31 in tall, so I'm going to try to trade it for a KX 100 which is about 34 inches tall. Little bigger bike and more power without going overboard. I just like 4-strokes because I was raised on them, plus I like the fact that when i hit the gas I"m less likely to hug a tree :) How old are you anyway and what bikes ya got?
Pin it to win it!

Offline Ims Roll

• Ride safe, Ride hard
« Reply #8 on: May 01, 2013, 02:45:00 PM »
Was just giving you a hard time about the ride green thing ha.  i'm 20 (don't tell the old guys they wont let me go on the next cali ride)

Have you thought about a kx125 and lowering it? may not be comfortable at first but thats what learning about.
and my 2001 kx500 is my main squeeze  :-)

Offline Dragondude

« Reply #9 on: May 01, 2013, 02:58:32 PM »
I gotcha  8-) I thought about it and I might still do it, the kx 125's look a lot cooler and I bet have more mods for it later. I'm more of a low to mid power type of guy, more low end than anything else. It's because of the trails I ride at my house, but once I get my job I'm hoping to go ride some other places where I could let a 2-stroke rip a little more. :)
Pin it to win it!

Motorrad

« Reply #10 on: May 01, 2013, 03:01:55 PM »
I gotcha  8-) I thought about it and I might still do it, the kx 125's look a lot cooler and I bet have more mods for it later. I'm more of a low to mid power type of guy, more low end than anything else. It's because of the trails I ride at my house, but once I get my job I'm hoping to go ride some other places where I could let a 2-stroke rip a little more. :)

Kdx200 motor in a modern framed bike would be my choice...

Offline Dragondude

« Reply #11 on: May 01, 2013, 03:13:24 PM »
But  what frame? Maybe my KLX 140L? But then I would have to get custom motor mounts, carb, and the air box i would assume.
Pin it to win it!

Offline Ims Roll

• Ride safe, Ride hard
« Reply #12 on: May 01, 2013, 03:26:17 PM »
stock seat height on a 2000 kx125 is 37.2 inch lowering links and moving the forks up in the triple clamps you could probably get it down to 35inch (maybe)
look into it maybe it would work better'

Motorrad

« Reply #13 on: May 01, 2013, 03:31:13 PM »

Kdx200 motor in a modern framed bike would be my choice...

the more I think about it.. the more I think Id find a LATE modle 250cc.      SLAM the port timing down,,,  toss on a gnarly woods pipe, a HEAVY flywheel weight.. and call it  a day

Offline Dragondude

« Reply #14 on: May 01, 2013, 03:33:53 PM »

the more I think about it.. the more I think Id find a LATE modle 250cc.      SLAM the port timing down,,,  toss on a gnarly woods pipe, a HEAVY flywheel weight.. and call it  a day
[/quote] 

So like late 90's early 2000"s?
Pin it to win it!