Author Topic: New Parts  (Read 5304 times)

Offline 2-Stroke Tom

New Parts
« on: April 18, 2013, 05:32:26 PM »
Been doing a major home renovation the last few months and haven't had anytime to get out and ride. So, I did the next best thing, buy custom parts for my 500! New Sudco carb, Larry Wiechman head mod, custom made dog bones (Thanks to Motorrad for being a stand up guy and getting these made!), head gaskets, aluminum throttle tube, and Dunlop D739 AT 120/100-18. Got a bunch of other stuff, but this is the most exciting.

Motorrad

Re: New Parts
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2013, 05:34:20 PM »
Been doing a major home renovation the last few months and haven't had anytime to get out and ride. So, I did the next best thing, buy custom parts for my 500! New Sudco carb, Larry Wiechman head mod, custom made dog bones (Thanks to Motorrad for being a stand up guy and getting these made!), head gaskets, aluminum throttle tube, and Dunlop D739 AT 120/100-18. Got a bunch of other stuff, but this is the most exciting.

swee.    what size sudco?  stock or 41?

and shrink tube works GREAT as a added dirt guard between the cable and the guide..   (and a spark plug boot)

Offline USMC 500

• Giant Member
  • Sikorsky CH-53E the KX500 of Marine Corps aviation
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2013, 05:34:43 PM »
Thats all the same stuff I have on my bike......you won't like any of it. :roll:

HAHAHA!!
I once heard my buddy Bill ask Danny Hamel after a race....
"How can someone who looks like a high school band tuba player go so d**n fast on a bike?!"

Offline 2-Stroke Tom

« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2013, 05:54:58 PM »
Thats all the same stuff I have on my bike......you won't like any of it. :roll:

HAHAHA!!
You have been an inspiration in my compulsive KX500 parts shopping USMC 500! I will clean air filter one of these days and document the process like you and Motorrad did. Also, saw the post of the ride you and Motorrad went on last weekend. Next time, cruise up the road and I'll give you a ride in one of your favorites. 1970 Chevelle SS, and of course modified with a 502 in it.

Motorrad

« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2013, 07:33:34 PM »

HAHAHA!!
You have been an inspiration in my compulsive KX500 parts shopping USMC 500! I will clean air filter one of these days and document the process like you and Motorrad did. Also, saw the post of the ride you and Motorrad went on last weekend. Next time, cruise up the road and I'll give you a ride in one of your favorites. 1970 Chevelle SS, and of course modified with a 502 in it.

We wanted to end up, up there..   but time didnt allow us to ............

Offline SHLEPY

• Big Member
« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2013, 07:48:40 PM »
Nice Tom ...so Sudco does sell to the general public they were my first choice but after reading I came to the conclusion they were only a dist :?

Offline conbread

« Reply #6 on: April 18, 2013, 11:13:36 PM »
whats the deal with a carb? how much and where can one be bought..

Offline USMC 500

• Giant Member
  • Sikorsky CH-53E the KX500 of Marine Corps aviation
« Reply #7 on: April 19, 2013, 12:13:58 AM »

HAHAHA!!

I had one of those too a few years ago!!  Except mine had a 468BB......Are you my long lost twin or something??  I didn't know you were as close to Motorrad as you are.....definitly gonna drop in on you around 6am someday so you can make us some waffles. :-D
I once heard my buddy Bill ask Danny Hamel after a race....
"How can someone who looks like a high school band tuba player go so d**n fast on a bike?!"

Offline SHLEPY

• Big Member
« Reply #8 on: April 19, 2013, 01:14:24 AM »
whats the deal with a carb? how much and where can one be bought..

Check Jetsrus the have good prices on them you will need to buy the slide also #7.

Offline 2-Stroke Tom

« Reply #9 on: April 19, 2013, 02:58:17 AM »

HAHAHA!!

We wanted to end up, up there..   but time didnt allow us to ............
I understand, only so much time in a day, and it looks like you two were having fun!

Offline 2-Stroke Tom

« Reply #10 on: April 19, 2013, 03:04:59 AM »
Nice Tom ...so Sudco does sell to the general public they were my first choice but after reading I came to the conclusion they were only a dist :?
SHLEPY, I just called Sudco and asked a few questions and they didn't hesitate to sell to me. From my old post you can see how I think my original (Team Green modified) carb had a tweeked jet block. I needed a new jet needle, slide, and jet block which almost costs as much as a brand new carb from Sudco (I think I paid $210 delivered). Only thing I suggest if you go this route is to use a Kawasaki OEM needle jet that appears to have an additional taper than the sudco needle.

Offline 2-Stroke Tom

« Reply #11 on: April 19, 2013, 03:07:25 AM »

HAHAHA!!

I had one of those too a few years ago!!  Except mine had a 468BB......Are you my long lost twin or something??  I didn't know you were as close to Motorrad as you are.....definitly gonna drop in on you around 6am someday so you can make us some waffles. :-D
Yeah, you like those early morning. It really is amazing how much in common we have. I wouldn't be surprised if you recognized my Dad or myself since we were both avid D-37 racers for years. My dad would always take me over to the Team Green pits with Danny Hamel because they would give us free parts and my dad could pick their brains for mechanical knowledge.