Author Topic: Contact info for "stewart" for KIPS bolt?  (Read 3261 times)

Offline lsampson

Contact info for "stewart" for KIPS bolt?
« on: April 04, 2013, 09:49:16 AM »
I need the contact info for "Stewart" who sold the kips over rotation bolts. His profile seems locked or inactive - I can't PM him. Thank you!
When in doubt, throttle out!

Offline USMC 500

• Giant Member
  • Sikorsky CH-53E the KX500 of Marine Corps aviation
Re: Contact info for "stewart" for KIPS bolt?
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2013, 10:13:44 AM »
Without getting into too much detail all I can tell you is that Stewart is "no more" and you're better off looking elsewhere........I got my bolt from another member but I'm not sure if they still available.
I once heard my buddy Bill ask Danny Hamel after a race....
"How can someone who looks like a high school band tuba player go so d**n fast on a bike?!"

Offline bilger69

• 99 Kx500
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2013, 10:22:04 AM »
I got mine from Kawrider but he too seems to be "No more" ... Not that i need another one but hopefully someone makes them for others out there, or can start making them.  

« Last Edit: April 04, 2013, 10:47:26 AM by bilger69 »

Offline Foxx4Beaver

• James Stewart DID NOT invent the scrub!!..JoJo
« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2013, 10:27:53 AM »
I need the contact info for "Stewart" who sold the kips over rotation bolts. His profile seems locked or inactive - I can't PM him. Thank you!

You can make one yourself very easily if you have access to the right tools.Here's an old thread on what you need.

http://www.kxriders.com/forums/index.php/topic,8754.0.html

...or if you don't have access,a little ingenuity works just fine...I made one from my existing Kips bolt,by drilling a shallow hole in the center of the part of the bolt that butts up to the govener rod...then pressed in a 1/4-20 bolt and sealed it with Yamabond...and then ground it down on the bench grinder a little at a time until the valves just closed.
Excuse me, ma'am...but you've got extremely nice legs!!!...what time do they open???                                                                                                               https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n8tCgN3aryQ

Offline lsampson

« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2013, 01:36:49 AM »
I actually ended up going to NAPA last night, and with the help of an awesome gal I found a car oil drain bolt that fit PERFECTLY. I didn't have to shim it, trim it or anything. It measured 0.42" long from the base of the head, which I thought was too short, but it made the drum valves line up perfectly with the edge of the main exhaust port. Anyone else needing one should check into Auto oil drain bolts. I'll try to get the part number next time I'm in NAPA.
When in doubt, throttle out!