Author Topic: Zip Ty pipe...who wants one?  (Read 15905 times)

Offline USMC 500

• Giant Member
  • Sikorsky CH-53E the KX500 of Marine Corps aviation
Zip Ty pipe...who wants one?
« on: March 31, 2013, 03:45:04 PM »
I spoke with my cousin which has close ties to the big shots of the dirt bike world earlier today......He spoke with Danny LaPorte and Don Emler (owners of FMF) about the jigs for the Gnarly KX500 pipes that work with the Zip Ty tank.  Danny said that they can't sell the jigs because they have patent numbers but there is a possibility that if enough people need the pipes they might pull out the jigs and make a run of pipes.  My cousin is gonna try to find out a minimum number of pipes that FMF might need ordered to encourage FMF to make these pipes.  No promises but I need to know how many of you might be interested in getting these pipes.  Keep in mind that there are some of you that might need to replace a damaged pipe, there are those of you who might just need to have an extra pipe in case you damage your existing pipe and there are those of you who know that the Zip Ty tank is still available and this would be your chance to get the Zip Ty set up for you KX500.  Again, no promises but I'm sure that if there is enough of a demand, the FMF boys might do this for us.
I once heard my buddy Bill ask Danny Hamel after a race....
"How can someone who looks like a high school band tuba player go so d**n fast on a bike?!"

Offline Charlie500

Re: Zip Ty pipe...who wants one?
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2013, 04:11:46 PM »
I want 2
2014 KX 450 Bark-Buster

Offline alward25

« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2013, 04:18:59 PM »
2 for me
"Let there be light"

Motorrad

« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2013, 04:29:17 PM »
Id like a spair..      but cant afford one.

Offline SHLEPY

• Big Member
« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2013, 05:14:11 PM »
1 for sure 2 if the price isn't to crazy oh ya that idea sounds way familiar Oscar glad you have the contacts to follow up on this :-D

Offline ID KX500

• Life, Liberty, and The Pursuit of Happiness
« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2013, 05:23:40 PM »
ONE for me.  What do they want to make up 20-30-50???
"Endeavor to persevere."

Offline USMC 500

• Giant Member
« Reply #6 on: April 01, 2013, 12:36:49 AM »

Don't know yet......That is part of the details that still have to be worked out......I'm trying though
"How can someone who looks like a high school band tuba player go so d**n fast on a bike?!"

Offline sandblaster

• Global Moderator
    • OEM-CYCLE QUALITY USED PARTS
« Reply #7 on: April 01, 2013, 02:28:52 AM »
Me!
The four stroke engine: That's one stroke for producing power and three for wearing the engine out.

Offline ID KX500

• Life, Liberty, and The Pursuit of Happiness
« Reply #8 on: April 01, 2013, 03:42:49 AM »

Don't know yet......That is part of the details that still have to be worked out......I'm trying though

The pipes of course will go to the old KX500 loyal owners such as we have here. I wonder if TY has any interest in stocking a few, and since there is no charge to advertise here, this might be the next best place for them to move an inventory. This will cause a short lived run,,, and I'm sure they are not interested in a big supply of outdated pipes on the shelf.

Another question: Do these lowboys fit or can they be tweaked to fit the A-frames or Steel-framed conversions??? If so I need 2 and we know there is a maybe a larger market for that use.
"Endeavor to persevere."

Offline Ims Roll

• Ride safe, Ride hard
« Reply #9 on: April 01, 2013, 05:03:00 AM »
im down for one
The 2-smoke runs deep in this one...

Offline USMC 500

• Giant Member
« Reply #10 on: April 01, 2013, 02:31:05 PM »

The pipes of course will go to the old KX500 loyal owners such as we have here. I wonder if TY has any interest in stocking a few, and since there is no charge to advertise here, this might be the next best place for them to move an inventory. This will cause a short lived run,,, and I'm sure they are not interested in a big supply of outdated pipes on the shelf.

Another question: Do these lowboys fit or can they be tweaked to fit the A-frames or Steel-framed conversions??? If so I need 2 and we know there is a maybe a larger market for that use.

I doubt that these pipes can be used on conversion models.....the pipe/silencer junction on the zip ty pipe ends up too high........same reason that service honda kx500 pipes (cr500 pipe made to fit kx cylinder) won't fit the kx500 with the zip ty tank.

Offline bilger69

• 99 Kx500
« Reply #11 on: April 01, 2013, 03:22:11 PM »
I'll take one

Offline USMC 500

• Giant Member
« Reply #12 on: April 02, 2013, 01:07:13 PM »
BUMP.....

so far I have requests for about 11 pipes.....I don't know if this will be good enough....come on people....spread the word to everyone thru PM, phone call, smoke signals, etc.......

I promise I will do my best to "suck up" to whom ever I need to at FMF to get these pipes.

Offline mtmxracer

« Reply #13 on: April 02, 2013, 03:42:45 PM »
I'd take 2!!!!

Offline Ims Roll

• Ride safe, Ride hard
« Reply #14 on: April 03, 2013, 01:16:33 AM »
BUMP.....

so far I have requests for about 11 pipes.....I don't know if this will be good enough....come on people....spread the word to everyone thru PM, phone call, smoke signals, etc.......

I promise I will do my best to "suck up" to whom ever I need to at FMF to get these pipes.

im sure if it comes down to it we will all take two if it means getting one.
The 2-smoke runs deep in this one...